Corsair Community

Node Pro firmware updates when connected to Commander Pro?

W-O-P-R

I am not sure I follow.

If you have a Commander for fans, temps, etc and RGB fans that require the Node Pro you connect that Node Pro to the Commander.

When set up this way only the Commander shows up in LINK for Devices … and thus you can not update the Node because it isn't there.

Do they even have firmware updates?

Are you you talking about the device that you plug your fans into, with 6 ports, that connects to the LED port of the Commander Pro? If so, that's not the Node Pro. It's the RGB Fan Hub.

The Fan Hubs do not have firmware. So there's no need to update the firmware.

Please look at the RGB FAQ link in my signature and find the device that you are referring to and use the name listed there.

And please fill out your system information.

?

Can you please fill out your system information. It's amazingly helpful if we can see that.

I am not sure I follow.

?

And please fill out your system information.

Top of this page Dude..... 'Edit System Specs'

All systems are different. Knowing what you have helps guide us to possible fixes

OK, added.

And while I appreciate the 'Need for Spec' none of it really has any impact on how you update the firmware of a Lighting NodePro connected to a Commander Pro.

Fans RGB > Node Pro > CommanderPro > USB(internal)

Fans PWM > CommanderPro (same) > USB (internal)

Fans and Node Pro:

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/ll120-rgb-120mm-dual-light-loop-rgb-led-pwm-3-fan-pack-with-lighting-node-pro

Commander Pro:

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/ll120-rgb-120mm-dual-light-loop-rgb-led-pwm-3-fan-pack-with-lighting-node-pro

Screen of LINK 'Devices'

http://www.dragonfly-media.com/_img/corsair-link.jpg

You can updated the Commander but not the NodePro.

Does the NodePro even have firmware updates?

If so, how it it performed when connected to a Commander?

Your fans aren't connected to a Node Pro (NoPro) in your configuration screen. They are connected to the Commander Pro (CoPro). The CoPro has the functionality of a NoPro (plus some) but it's not a NoPro.

You seem to have the NoPro confused with the RGB Fan Hub.

It's like this:

Fans RGB > RGB Fan Hub > CommanderPro > USB(internal)

The fans do not connect directly to either the NoPro or the CoPro. They connect to the RGB Fan Hub. The NoPro also has its own USB connection. The Fan Hub does not. It connects via a 3-pin cable with only 2 wires connected.

The NoPro also has firmware updates. The RGB Fan Hub (which is what you are talking about) does not.

There are both pictures and descriptions of each of these in the FAQ post that I pointed you to. It's super-important that when we're trying to help you and provide the right information to you that the correct terminology is used or we wind up going down a rabbit hole.

And yes, in your situation, there is a "need for spec". If we were talking about something connected to the CoPro's USB ports (which we aren't), your system info would actually tell us a lot.

Edit:....

That would have helped had you been on about a Node Pro. but you are actually on about the RGB Fan LED hub!

My bad,,,,, maybe.. lol

to add.. the below LINK FAQ will explain all the devices and what they can and cant do.. please have a good read through.. saves the below confusion...

Really is hard to help when your told the wrong devices....

how you update the firmware of a Lighting NodePro

the LINK faq also covers how to flash the node pro when it fails to update or indeed fails to appear in LINK.

number 21 in 'Some Basic Questions Answered'

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Archived