Corsair Community

Water spit on K70 LUX

FlockVH

So I have owned the K70 LUX for 1 year and today I've done a stupid mistake. While playing some games I spilt some water, not a lot (probably less than a few drops around my keyboard. But not a fat spill. So when I spilt it immediately started pressing random keys like cap lock scroll lock num padlock, for example, a sequence like this: JASHDAS;;'ASLD;'AS;LG'; DAKLSJDA'S;DL;AS DKLASL;D KASL';D JF;ASDLF S;LDJF;ASKJ''iwuqpieqwo eqw;sk'. I unplugged it and held esc and plugged it back in and it still acted like that. I plugged it back in for like 1-3 minutes but I read some stuff online saying that if you plug it back in it will explode some electrical stuff idk which permanently damages the keyboard. Any tips?

My son spilled about half a cpu of water in my k95 rgb keyboard a while back. I unplugged it and turned it upside down and layed it on top of one of the AC vents in the floor for about 24 hours and it has worked fine ever since then. I wasn't in the room when he spilled the water and it probably sat that way for about 3 minutes before I noticed it. Mine was not acting quite as crazy as yours, but I did have a few of the rgb leds that were stuck on the wrong color before I dried it out.