Corsair Community

H100i FW 1.1.3 & CL 4.9.4.28 - Missing Crucial m4

ensign.fodder

I have been a light CL user since my main system is a 2012R2 server but wife wants a Plex server so I have been spinning up a new box (old parts).

Check system specs from forum menu.

After getting everything setup and "configured" in CL - I noticed that I am missing my SSD. I believe I have seen it before but not sure since I recently migrated the SSD from a Samsung 256GB to the Crucial 512GB unit to provide more transcode cache and also let son install some games that are not Lego based ;-) for gameplay.

Thoughts on what is a minor issue but one I would like to resolve?

Thanks.

Ahhh ... Plex ... yes ... what a super-awesome server that is. Love Plex, personally.

Can you check to see if HWMonitor "sees" the SSD? Is the SSD on a Storage Space? (Link doesn't see any of the Storage Spaces on my Plex server).

That said, there's not going to be any Link functionality based on that device so I really wouldn't worry about it.

One note too ... write any custom settings for the cooler to the device; that way you won't have to have an active session on your server.

Finally ... I found that AMD processors were less than ideal for on-the-fly transcoding ... though, to be honest, my AMD was an A10-7800 so that was a little less powerful than yours.

Can you check to see if HWMonitor "sees" the SSD?

Yes it does.

Is the SSD on a Storage Space? (Link doesn't see any of the Storage Spaces on my Plex server).

No, it is the boot drive which is not possible to be part of a Storage Space group.

That said, there's not going to be any Link functionality based on that device so I really wouldn't worry about it.

I agree it is more my CDO (alphabetical OCD) that is driving the need to resolve it.

One note too ... write any custom settings for the cooler to the device; that way you won't have to have an active session on your server.

Can you provide more details on how to do this? I am not using CL except to reduce fans below normally RPM's.

Finally ... I found that AMD processors were less than ideal for on-the-fly transcoding ... though, to be honest, my AMD was an A10-7800 so that was a little less powerful than yours.

Yeah - the FX-8320 is a beast (relatively speaking) and A10-7800 as an APU is a mix bag for some tasks, there were not great IPC improvements between the second and third microarchitecture.

Thanks

Can you provide more details on how to do this? I am not using CL except to reduce fans below normally RPM's.

If your cooler supports it (not 100% sure about the H100i as I don't have one, but the H100iv2, and the H80iV2 that I have both do) ... go to Options ... Devices. Look for your cooler. If you see "Use current settings as default" as a link, click it. That will write your settings to the device.

• 1 month later...

Archived