Corsair Community

hdmi sound issues and other problems

silostrike

Hi,

I just received my Corsair One Pro from newegg on the 28th of July. I've been having a few issues.

1)

My preffered setup is to have audio routed through the hdmi port to my monitor which is connected to my speakers.

When connected through hdmi (front or rear port) audio seems to be fine under normal usage but when playing a game and/or when the gpu is under load the audio begins to crackle and stutter and quality is greatly diminished.

Is this normal? I've tried completely uninstalling the Nvidia drivers and performing a clean install. I've set the gtx 1080 to always prefer maximum performance in the nvidia control panel.

I'm not sure if I have a faulty card, any insight would be appreciated. By comparison the motherboard audio works perfectly.

Usually when the audio stutters I get stuttering in the video as well even though I'm able to run the game at well over 60fps which leads me to believe its a lattency issue.

2)

Sometimes when booting the computer, it does not post. The lights on the corsair one case illuminate but no power is sent to the keyboard/mouse and no video is sent to the monitors.

I need to press the power button to shut off the system manually and then press it again to reboot it. Is there something I can do to fix this? A setting in the bios?

• Corsair Employee

Hi silostrike,

Please try the following so we can figure out the issue and the next step.

1. Power off the unit and Clear the CMOS by actuating the switch on the rear panel for 10 secs.

2. Once the unit reboots, please run PC Doctor if you are able to.

3. If issue persists, then try resetting the unit to factory setting(we recommend you to back up your data just in case):

• Turn PC “Off”

• Turn PC “On”

• Press and hold “F8” key until menu is prompted

• Select “Troubleshoot” from menu

• Select “Reset this PC” from menu

• Select “Keep my files”

• Select “Choose account to continue”

• Enter “Enter the password for this account”

• Select “Reset”

• Wait 20 minutes for process to complete

4. If this does not resolve the issue, please file a customer support ticket and PM your Serial Number and Ticket number so I can track the issue.

Hi silostrike,

Please try the following so we can figure out the issue and the next step.

1. Power off the unit and Clear the CMOS by actuating the switch on the rear panel for 10 secs.

2. Once the unit reboots, please run PC Doctor if you are able to.

3. If issue persists, then try resetting the unit to factory setting(we recommend you to back up your data just in case):

• Turn PC “Off”

• Turn PC “On”

• Press and hold “F8” key until menu is prompted

• Select “Troubleshoot” from menu

• Select “Reset this PC” from menu

• Select “Keep my files”

• Select “Choose account to continue”

• Enter “Enter the password for this account”

• Select “Reset”

• Wait 20 minutes for process to complete

4. If this does not resolve the issue, please file a customer support ticket and PM your Serial Number and Ticket number so I can track the issue.

Thanks for the reply, I've given up on the hdmi audio issue because the boot issue is getting worse.

The computer does not "cold boot" as in if I have it shut down for 4+ hours I have difficulties trying to start it. Sometimes it takes 20+ attempts at pressing the power button for it to finally display something on screen.

Things I've tried:

-clearing the CMOS

-turning on wake by PCI-e device

-unplugging all usb devices while booting

-disabling the corsair one boot splash screen

-disabling fast startup

-disabling hibernation altogether

I am at a loss and its extremely frustrating. Maybe one day it will not boot at all. Is there a way to tell if I have a hardware fault? (PSU or motherboard?) When I press the power the top fan begins to spin and I can see the red mother board light but no power to usb and no video output.

The Corsair One Diagnostics program never fails any of the tests? Did you run a "Full Scan" and a "Stress Scan" from Diagnostics?

Next time you are able to get it booted, you can try to download and unzip http://rh-software.com/downloads/siv.zip into a directory and run "SIV64X.exe".

The program and user interface are very minimalistic and not very intuitive, but it uses very little resources and gives accurate info.

Click on the "Status" button at the bottom and check all the voltages on the left halfway down the window.

• Check 3VCC I/O, AVCC +3.3, and VIN7 3VSB are at or near "3.3"
  • Check VIN1 +5 is at or near "5.0"
  • Check VIN4 +12 is at or near "12.0"
  • Check VIN8 VBAT is at or near "3.0"

That might help rule out a power supply issue. If all those voltages are OK, it might be the motherboard itself. I would guess those would be the most common culprits for the boot issues you are describing.

This SIV tool will also give a lot of other details on Temperatures, Fan RPMs, Power used, etc. Maybe post a screenshot if you are not sure if something looks off.

It could even be the RAM (but not as likely in my opinion) as I've seen a bad stick do odd things to a system. https://www.memtest86.com/ is good for thoroughly testing RAM.

If it were me, I would RMA to get a fix/replacement. I know the downtime and hassle will really suck, but usually the only option if a solution is not obvious.

Good luck.

The Corsair One Diagnostics program never fails any of the tests? Did you run a "Full Scan" and a "Stress Scan" from Diagnostics?

Next time you are able to get it booted, you can try to download and unzip http://rh-software.com/downloads/siv.zip into a directory and run "SIV64X.exe".

The program and user interface are very minimalistic and not very intuitive, but it uses very little resources and gives accurate info.

Click on the "Status" button at the bottom and check all the voltages on the left halfway down the window.

• Check 3VCC I/O, AVCC +3.3, and VIN7 3VSB are at or near "3.3"
  • Check VIN1 +5 is at or near "5.0"
  • Check VIN4 +12 is at or near "12.0"
  • Check VIN8 VBAT is at or near "3.0"

That might help rule out a power supply issue. If all those voltages are OK, it might be the motherboard itself. I would guess those would be the most common culprits for the boot issues you are describing.

This SIV tool will also give a lot of other details on Temperatures, Fan RPMs, Power used, etc. Maybe post a screenshot if you are not sure if something looks off.

It could even be the RAM (but not as likely in my opinion) as I've seen a bad stick do odd things to a system. https://www.memtest86.com/ is good for thoroughly testing RAM.

If it were me, I would RMA to get a fix/replacement. I know the downtime and hassle will really suck, but usually the only option if a solution is not obvious.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply! My computer passes all the tests in corsair diagnostics. Running the program you linked it looks like my voltages are also okay.

Capture.thumb.PNG.d4c176cb8141832d9923ed445d619288.PNG

I fear that it's a motherboard issue. I feel like it might be related to the crackling hdmi audio as well.

I tried filing a support ticket but it won't accept my serial number?

• Corsair Employee
Thanks for the reply! My computer passes all the tests in corsair diagnostics. Running the program you linked it looks like my voltages are also okay.

[ATTACH]30585[/ATTACH]

I fear that it's a motherboard issue. I feel like it might be related to the crackling hdmi audio as well.

I tried filing a support ticket but it won't accept my serial number?

Please PM me your Serial Number and email contact so I can bring this to one our support staff attention. According to our support staff, they removed the Serial Number requirement on the support site now. Let me know if this is still an issue.

I just received my One Pro 2 days ago (8/14) and I'm having the same problem. I'm not running anything through HDMI, my sound is from the analog outputs and using displayport to my monitor. I pass all Corsair Diagnostics but playing any video from YouTube, whether it is Edge or Chrome, is very choppy (sometimes 1/2 blacked out) and then freezes the whole system... sometimes leading to BSOD - DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION.

I cleared the CMOS and did the "Reset this PC" (in the 4 steps Alan listed above) but now it just doesn't boot at all. I opened a ticket a few hours ago.

Man the sound choppiness seems to be a common problem. Have you tried unplugging all the sound analog outputs from the computer and trying to turn it on. I know DPC violations most of the time are related to hardware driver issues but I could be wrong.

just to follow up, I ended up returning my unit for a replacement through newegg since the corsair site was not accepting my serial number.

i've had my replacement for about two days now. so far the computer has woken up from sleep and posted on cold boot everytime and hdmi audio works perfect!

for those having similar issues i think it was deffinitely a hardware issue and you should arrange to get your units replaced or looked at.

Archived