The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   iCUE Software (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=280)
-   -   Black Screening / Video Card output switching off from iCUE (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177867)

mrsweatervest 12-07-2019 01:56 PM

I tried iCue again after a year of giving up and using Utility Engine 2.24.35 instead. Result was a lockup after about 12 hours. I would have this same problem pre iCue when I used Corsair Link.

Is there a way to disable the Link portion of iCue? I would be happy with my old Utility Engine, but it doesn't support the Glaive Pro, which I bought last night.

MB: msi x79a-gd45 plus
CPU: 4820k

robb213 12-10-2019 11:36 PM

I had used a i7-3770K on a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H for the past...8 or so years. Used Corsair Link (AX760i) and CUE (K70 RGB) until they were phased out by iCUE; so I've been using iCUE since Prime Day. Never had these issues, ignoring other ones.

On Black Friday I bought an ASRock X570 Taichi and Ryzen 7 3800X. Everything in the system tests good--hours of AIDA, Prime95, Memtest, and more without problems. But whenever I utilize my GPU I get black screens that come and go at a very rapid rapid pace, like a rave party. If I was epileptic then this would definitely trigger it. It can be games, benchmarks, or just sitting on the desktop and it will happen. If I ignore it, my GPU will just stop outputting any signal--until I move my mouse or press a button. Hell, the easiest way to reproduce this is in Red Dead Redemption 2 going through all the setting menus, scene changes, etc.

What fixes it? The moment I kill off iCUE, so just adding another comment to the pile. I'll go ahead and submit a ticket to support, but considering how this problem was originally handled a year+ ago, I'm seriously reconsidering putting Corsair on my **** list and staying away.

Deka013 12-17-2019 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robb213 (Post 1027059)
I had used a i7-3770K on a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H for the past...8 or so years. Used Corsair Link (AX760i) and CUE (K70 RGB) until they were phased out by iCUE; so I've been using iCUE since Prime Day. Never had these issues, ignoring other ones.

On Black Friday I bought an ASRock X570 Taichi and Ryzen 7 3800X. Everything in the system tests good--hours of AIDA, Prime95, Memtest, and more without problems. But whenever I utilize my GPU I get black screens that come and go at a very rapid rapid pace, like a rave party. If I was epileptic then this would definitely trigger it. It can be games, benchmarks, or just sitting on the desktop and it will happen. If I ignore it, my GPU will just stop outputting any signal--until I move my mouse or press a button. Hell, the easiest way to reproduce this is in Red Dead Redemption 2 going through all the setting menus, scene changes, etc.

What fixes it? The moment I kill off iCUE, so just adding another comment to the pile. I'll go ahead and submit a ticket to support, but considering how this problem was originally handled a year+ ago, I'm seriously reconsidering putting Corsair on my **** list and staying away.

I think thats a freesync problem.Deactivate it and it should work.

robb213 12-18-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deka013 (Post 1027779)
I think thats a freesync problem.Deactivate it and it should work.

No, it's not. GSYNC and Freesync don't query the hardware sensors in a way to conflict with other software like HWInfo, NZXTCam, iCUE, etc. do.

Henrik 3 12-28-2019 01:25 PM

Hello,
i also get this crashes and have a idea for Corsair to fix it. Why do you not change to another SDK like HWinfo instead of HwMonitors SDK. The HWinfo SDK is more recent, reads out the temperatures more exactly and also get new updates like support for the new Ryzen 3rd Gen was available 1 day after launch. Can you think about it or do an beta version with this sdk pls :D

I really want to use ICue for my Virtuoso but i cant use it in this state

Anders0ny 12-29-2019 01:47 PM

Curious...

I had the same issue with the BSOD while installing all versions of iCue I could find.

I fixed my issue with the software after I noticed that my CORSAIR POWER SUPPLY uses the CORSAIR DIGITAL LINK to connect to 1 of my mobo's USB headers. I disconnected this and tried re-installing again ... IT NOW WORKS !!

Could this be whats causing the headache for a few of you at least ? Hope it helps ;)

saiisoku 01-05-2020 03:21 PM

I just purchased the K70 Mk2 low profile speed and I'm having the issue where I plugged it in and everything was working fine, didn't download iCue. Went to shut off my PC for the night and the next morning when I started it up, it was just black screening. I had to force shut off my PC and unplug the keyboard, and it would boot up perfectly fine. Plugged in keyboard, everything fine? Tried installed iCue and updating firmware, didn't resolve the problem, uninstalled it tried, no results. Any reason why the keyboard would be causing this problem? I had a K65 and it never did this

soundguy_sean 03-05-2020 12:57 AM

Sean997

Hi All

Ok so I mean I have been having random black screen issues for AGES. I stumbled on this today and tried the renaming fix. Seems to be absolutely fine now...... BUT lacking functions it was sold to me as having that I used......

Not happy at all! I've read as much as I could bare of this forum. I feel for you all, I really do. It really does suck and for so long. So I have an idea......... I scanned through and read all of corsairs replies on the matter as well as many posts. I'd say at this point 3/4/5 chipsets are CLEARLY having issues. Corsair I must admit until I read some of the later posts it looked ok. James sounds like he lives behind excuses to me tho? You sold the software with your hardware and didn't disclaim certain motherboards that have known faults? Yes or no? I HAVE WASTED HOURS trying to diagnose this myself. DPC diagnostics, memory diagnostics, drivers, re installs of OS multiple times etc etc etc to find this!!!!

I have a corsair SSD, a 540 air case, an ax1600i, a h110iGT and was considering a commander pro for my 3xAF140s, 2xSP140s, and 2xSP120s....... key word WAS. Quite useless without the system temps etc. So anyway that's I dont know, 900, 1000 ish GBP in corsair is it? You tell me? To find it's actually my systems biggest issue lmao........ GREAT! Add what everyone else has spent on corsair too in this forum alone and theres 5 of every setup having problems setup in your office. BUT your now telling me you "cant" or wont get a few of the setups having faults to fix the issues and address it?........ and are basically trying to excuse the matter? NOT COOL. From a very large and successful brand that clearly have the capital to make this investment and solve it. So...... NO! I think you should have gotten all the systems that have issues to address the issues. But this time yesterday, last year and sorted it basically....

So heres what I think we should do guys. On all corsair YouTube reviews, your product reviews, on Amazon etc. Basically places of high internet traffic that are related to corsair products. Simply post a link to this forum....... I dont think us writing our thoughts on here/helping by sending crash dumps etc is really doing much, if anything otherwise. If we can generate traffic here, my bet is that will all change quite swiftly. If anybody knows any internet reviewers and can get them to give this attention etc..... Do so etc.

nam.uk 03-05-2020 08:18 PM

I still get this even with dashboard off but not as bad, but even so there has tobe a proper fix on thew horizon

jm_bmw 03-25-2020 11:09 PM

I am not getting black screening but seems like a related error:

Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe - Application Error
The exception uninown software exception (0xe0434352) occurred in the application at location 0x0000000074E54192.

It happens either at shutdown or restart, literally at the moment the screen turns off (I had to record a video and go frame by frame to barely catch it).

Any ideas how to solve? does anyone has it too?

Fresh W10 64bit install, latest iCUE v. 3.27.68, using a M65 pro elite.