Corsair Community

780t noisy

lilchris26

Hi there I have built my new computer with my 780T case which I like but it seems noisy. The fan controller does not seem to have a effect on the speed of fans, the led's vary a bit in intensity I am sure the rear fan is going at full speed. How can I check if this is the case apart from connecting them to the motherboard instead and using the Asus fan speed app. Also should the start switch be illuminated,mine is not.Any help or advice would be appreciated, the wife is complaining about the noise.

The start switch is illuminated as well as the fan control, headphone, mic usb etc etc. If your isnt then something is wrong with the front panel. You did plug in the power(sata power connector) for the fan controller right?

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/corsair_graphite_780t/2.htm

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=779779

post 751840

Thanks Dustin, I have a post in the cooler section too regarding this, at first I was not sure I had set it up correctly. I will try checking the voltages with a meter or even try connecting them to the Asus fan controller and see if it makes a difference. I was hoping this build would be quieter than my old P8P67 in my Antec case, thats why I went for the water cooling. I may have to buy the aftermarket fans, which ones are they please so I get the correct ones.

All of our 140mm aftermarket fans are designed to run silently, you can have your pick here. You'd want one of the "High Airflow" versions.

Out of curiosity what model fans come with the 780T and what is their max DB level? http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/corsair-graphite-series-780t-review,1.html this article says they are AF140. On you link the only AF models listed are 140 quiet editions.

Unfortunately we don't have specs readily available for the AF140L fans we include with our cases.

If you look at the stickies in the case forum, you will see the Case and Cooler Matrix - Q1 2014 Thread, where you can download the Matrix.

Unfortunately 780T wasn't around in Q1 2014, but the 730T & 760T were and they do list the specs for their AF140L Fans(I'm assuming the are the same as the 780T).

The Noise level listed is 12dba.

If you look at the stickies in the case forum, you will see the Case and Cooler Matrix - Q1 2014 Thread, where you can download the Matrix.

Unfortunately 780T wasn't around in Q1 2014, but the 730T & 760T were and they do list the specs for their AF140L Fans(I'm assuming the are the same as the 780T).

The Noise level listed is 12dba.

12 looks like the voltage, I think you meant 24.2. which if that is the case they are rated a lower db then the AF140 quiet fans linked above which at 12v have a rating of 25.5db which say compared to the Noctua NF-A14 FLX which is 19.2dB at 12v.

I'm not sure at what db they are barely audible. But if I have my case set to low speed with the fans it comes with I can barely hear it. I'm guessing under 20db?

Anyone swap the front fans for something quieter yet?

Only 2 low db red led fans I can find are the:

COUGAR 14CM CFD Red LED Hydraulic (Liquid) Bearing Ultra Silent Fan 1000RPM, 73.2CFM, 18dBA

Phanteks PH-F140SP_BK_RLED 140mm Red LED Case Fan

I'm leaning more towards the Cougar fans but I'm wondering if the base 1000RPM may be an issue with the fan speed control if I drop it to medium or low (I assume 5v and 7v). I've already replaced the rear fan with a Noctua NF-A14 FLX and its definitely much quieter, shame they don't make led fans.

• 5 weeks later...
I have swapped the front fans for the aftermarket Af140 quiet fans, but the main cause was the fans on my H100iGTX, they were really noisy. Replaced with Noctua NF-F12 PWM, it is so quiet now you don't know it's on. Only thing is I have lost the led's off the front case fans, I suppose that's the price I have to pay for peace and quiet.

Archived