Corsair Community

Help: HX620 PSU( weird 12v)

isyot

i have a hx620 psu and i noticed that my 12v only gets 7v or below..is their something wrong with this? also noticed that it's squeeling whem im gaming....

help anyone...

EDIT: just found out its the software that i'm using but in the bios it reads 12.23v ;):

but its squealing when i play games like crysis...

• Corsair Employee
but its squealing when i play games like crysis...

Some users have been having issues with squealing with the newer 48XX series ATi graphics cards and the new 200 series Nvidia cards. From what we have seen it can happen with any PSU, not just ours. Some users have resolved the problem by forcing Vsync "on" in their games, or via the drivers, and others have mentioned that disabling the CPU power management settings in the BIOS (disable EIST, C1E, etc.). You may want to contact your motherboard manufacturer to see what these settings are called in your BIOS.

To help isolate the issue, I would suggest either testing with a different graphics card, or testing the PSU in a different system altogether to see if you have similar issues. If it looks like the PSU is causing the issues, then we can definitely replace it for you.

Archived