Corsair Community

Performance - Gamin & AMD

JC-42

Hi,

So I've a Corsair One Pro 1080 [no ti :( ] on its way over to me and I'm curious from owners of the 1080 setup in terms of how they're finding it?

People seem to be doing system wipes on arrival, is there really that much bloatware?

I've actually purchased it with Destiny 2 in mind, and for twitch streaming. .... Thoughts? - These reports of CPU's running hot? Will it be an issue at 4k?

I know Twitch can take it out of a CPU like the i7... I was tempted by AMD Ryzen 7 and its multi core capabilities, especially with the new mini ITX motherboards on their way, will they fit into the Corsair One Pro case?

I know its a mini ITX MSI mobo in them at the moment, and I'm certainly not looking to swap the chipset out on arrival (although I do wonder if I need to do a full system wipe?)... But it would be cool to know if there'll be an AMD version? As I know the AMD's play nicely with the NVidia 1080 family to make a beast of a multitasker for the likes of Twitch streaming.

Hope this all makes sense! :)

P.S. Anybody 'hackintoshed' it yet? :o

First off this machine is an engineering masterpiece. That alone pretty much sold me compared to getting or building some custom/generic build. You want custom, this is it.

Concerning bloatware, there isn't any in my opinion. Yes there are preloaded utilities plus other pieces of software that you will want regardless with this build in my opinion. Other than that there isn't any real bloatware. If you are wiping when you get this beast and then reinstalling windows you are seriously just wasting your time.

CPU does run hot and I HIGHLY recommend you look at my 7700K De-lidding posts prior.

This system runs it's CPU stressed at 92C and got her down to 82 just by repasting the chip Die to the IHS in the 7700K. A must, especially if you plan to overclock the CPU at all. I will not, I just want my system to run cooler and stable.

There should be no issues running this bad boy at 4K especially with the fact there is plenty of room to overclock the GPU in the 1080 to gain another 10-15 percent performance gains. You won't be doing 4K at 60FPS more like 25(very strong titles)-60(weaker titles) GTA5 is about 33FPS at 4K with the 1080. 1080P and 1440 you are good to go with whatever and where this card shines.

Not sure about 4K and Twitch all at once on this machine I don't stream.

Thanks zguy85 for the response :)

I'm quietly excited for it to arrive. De-lidding and re doing the paste on the chip is something I'd rather avoid; as although I'm capable of following instruction, i'd rather not do it on a machine straight out the box.

Thanks for the update re- the software. Time saved there straight away! :)

Truthfully I've a Samsung 27" Curved Gaming monitor atm which isn't 4k, and after this purchase it'll be a while before I upgrade that screen. The curve and size is plenty immersive for me atm. But it's nice to know this can still just about handle things without a GPU upgrade straight away.

I'm thinking if it struggles with Twitch nativley, I've always my MBP laptop I could use to handle that with a capture card I use for my PS4. :)

@JC-42

Hi

If you wipe the factory partion, you may have huge problems, look around in the forum 2 people already talking about this

There is a problem reinstalling the Corsair link software, so unless I'm wrong be very careful of what you are doing

I am planning in transferring windows system to a new SSD M2 and I'm already scrashing my head to try to find solutions before doing it

I'm in the same shoes, my ONE is on the way and if lucky it will be here tomorrow

And I don't think we will ever see an AMD CPU on a Corsair or must systems in the market, because AMD is always late Number one in CPU is Intel and it has been for years

So no much we can do just De-lidding it something I will do for sure!

And for those who don't want to take risks with warranties then >>>really wanted to run like an AMD you can undervolted and even make it run on less cores and problem will be solved CPU be running nice and cool

Archived