Corsair Community

Giving up on Corsair Link

oscillik

I've had enough of having to jump through hoops, read through pages and pages of forum posts, installing/uninstalling/restarting etc just to attempt to get the system to work as it's supposed to, and then failing.

The last straw came when I had to reinstall Windows 8.1 recently, and I've spent weeks now trying to get it working. Fans aren't showing up at all, using the latest software. Or previous versions of the software.

The poor software support that this product receives is in direct contrast to Corsair's reputation. I won't be touching anything Corsair related that relies on software ever again.

I'm moving over to a front-panel fan controller, that will actually do what it's supposed to do.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I can't believe is that they are continuing to release Link-compatible hardware when the software is far from production ready, and there appears to be very little progress in fixing the many problems. If Corsair aren't interested in the software side of Link they should just release an API and let others do it.

I agree, I bought my cooler and power supply partly based on the software but if I had known the butt hurt it was going to cause it would of been Enermax for psu and NZXT for cooling although as far as the hardware itself goes I really have no complaints.

I also agree. If I have the chance to buy a NZXT Kraken X61 I'll buy it. I'm totally done with the absolutely awful software, the lack of updates, support, etc.

I was really excited about Corsair, now I'm not. I'm really sorry, but my next buys will be a Seasonic PSU, NZXT CPU Cooler (NZXT CAM is awesome) and NZXT Fans.

I was dreaming about Corsair Peripherals, not anymore, I'm now going to buy a Logitech Mechanical Keyboard and already returned the K65 RGB for a Logitech G502.

I'm extremely dissapointed with Corsair, specially the last decisions (horrible new Gaming Brand and lack of nice and working software)

I'm truly sad.

I also agree. If I have the chance to buy a NZXT Kraken X61 I'll buy it. I'm totally done with the absolutely awful software, the lack of updates, support, etc.

I was really excited about Corsair, now I'm not. I'm really sorry, but my next buys will be a Seasonic PSU, NZXT CPU Cooler (NZXT CAM is awesome) and NZXT Fans.

I was dreaming about Corsair Peripherals, not anymore, I'm now going to buy a Logitech Mechanical Keyboard and already returned the K65 RGB for a Logitech G502.

I'm extremely dissapointed with Corsair, specially the last decisions (horrible new Gaming Brand and lack of nice and working software)

I'm truly sad.

If you think NZXT have better software I can tell you now good luck with that.

Their CAM software sucks. Their fan controlling software sucks, all fans are controlled on the same curve, you cannot control each fan individually.

Their Grid+ also sucks. It cannot compare to a Commander Mini.

NZXT fans? lmao! the first thing I did on my H440 Black/Blue was swap out all 3 on the FN2 fans for Cougar and Corsair fans.

Trust me, NZXT is no better off that Corsair, Corsair is a bit ahead, NZXT is just starting up and they have years to go before they figure things out.

• Corsair Employee
What bothers me is there's no response from Corsair

You weren't looking in the right place...sort of. I've been admittedly more active when people show up in the Cooling forum, but am taking over the CL forum as well.

The long and short is that we are keenly aware of the problems with Corsair Link at present. It is undergoing active development and validation, and there is a new version due. We have some fairly ambitious, honestly more well-thought-out plans for Corsair Link since it's a key differentiator for us. Right now we're trying to transition it to a more stable software base.

We know it has problems. We're working on it.

Corsair Dustin,

I feel for your plight, but as a customer, I've reached the point where I have to say...

BULL$H!T!!!

Corsair has been telling their customers for a year that the next version will fix things. The next version comes, and it seems like an exercise in moving the deck chairs on the Titanic. If someone were to post here and say, sorry, we realize this software doesn't work correctly, and here's our plan to fix it, and set an approximate deadline for a fix, and drive employees to that deadline, I would feel differently. But, your post is simply more of what we've heard many times, with no data to back it up.

Your post here, makes me think that you aren't that different from the last person in charge of this forum.

You know, I honestly don't know why. It may be hidden because it's inaccurate, or it may just have been omitted for no good reason.

When you see something wrong, seems like you would be our contact into Corsair. Instead it seems more like you are about damage control.

Sorry, I'll bet Corsair management has tied your hands, but that shouldn't be my problem.

You weren't looking in the right place...sort of. I've been admittedly more active when people show up in the Cooling forum, but am taking over the CL forum as well.

The long and short is that we are keenly aware of the problems with Corsair Link at present. It is undergoing active development and validation, and there is a new version due. We have some fairly ambitious, honestly more well-thought-out plans for Corsair Link since it's a key differentiator for us. Right now we're trying to transition it to a more stable software base.

We know it has problems. We're working on it.

The problem here I think is there's no sign or indication of this new version coming and people are getting fed up with all the workarounds and hacks to get this software going. Apparently Windows 8.1 threw a real curve at this software and with Windows 10 in the pipeline I'm hoping that it's not a case of it being fixed for Win 8.1 just as Win 10 appears and it's back to the same thing with a different OS

• Corsair Employee
Your post here, makes me think that you aren't that different from the last person in charge of this forum.

When you see something wrong, seems like you would be our contact into Corsair. Instead it seems more like you are about damage control.

Sorry, I'll bet Corsair management has tied your hands, but that shouldn't be my problem.

There's only so much I can do. I see the bugs here and then report them in our bug tracker, then basically keep banging on the walls until I hear something has changed/improved. Periodically I'll get new drops that are undergoing validation testing, but I can't share those for obvious reasons.

All I can tell you is that development is ongoing, and a new version that should address a lot of these problems is due before the month is out.

That comment alone is more than we've ever heard before.

You're not wrong. We just received confirmation from a Corsair employee that a new and improved version of Link will be released no later than two weeks from today. That's a reasonable commitment that just might keep me hanging on for a bit longer.

Corsair Dustin: for the record, can you please confirm what you said above is correct, that a new version of Link will be released before the end of January? Is there any chance you could post a list of new features and fixes that will be included in the new version?

Apex,chances are even Dustin will not know what will be implemented in new releases as it will need to go thru final testing to check for issues,and Corsair is known to not speculate ahead of time

Even his ETA is a estimate and can change depending on test results...

:sigh!:I understand from the post that corsair link has issues. I have just bought the 100i and have been running link with issues. Is it necessary to run link to cool the processor correctly? I also have been running Ausus AI suite also which I understand don't like each other. Looking to possibly uninstall both if not needed.

Thanks for the help

:sigh!:I understand from the post that corsair link has issues. I have just bought the 100i and have been running link with issues. Is it necessary to run link to cool the processor correctly? I also have been running Ausus AI suite also which I understand don't like each other. Looking to possibly uninstall both if not needed.

Thanks for the help

No need for the software it will use the default profile, strange thing is I've seen slightly lower temps. This is probably due to not having the 2-4% tick on the CPU from Clink if I kill Clink my temps drop from 12C idle to 6C.

Think I will chime in on this thread too. I have all but given up on Corsair Link, the only reason I still need it is for the RGB strips I have. I have been using Corsair Link for years now, hoping it will be improved. However, it just has so many problems and limited functionality that I couldn't bear any longer. I went over to the Aquaero and its' software. It is way more expensive and accessories that should come with it do not and you have to pay extra for them. They charge for every little thing needed. With that said, it is much more functional and the software is an immense improvement over Corsair Link - I wish that weren't the case, I like Corsair. If I had it my way, I would have Corsair start over from scratch with the software (probably a good thing I don't have it my way).

Below are just some basic things I did with the Aquasuite software; you can do fancier, pretier things but I will worry about that later. As you can see it has a lot more flexibility. Maybe Corsair Link wasn't targeting this level of functionality and aiming for a different product level, like mid-range consumers. Still, Corsair Link after all these years has so many "quirks" to it that I had to finally go with something else.

I still like Corsair's products but their software...I have my doubts.

868563775_Aquasuite1.thumb.jpg.31dcd2ba1dfd99b8df7a055a199c6601.jpg

76360911_Aquasuite2.thumb.jpg.08f02b75edae9c53b4910c2a29aa4a53.jpg

I went over to the Aquaero and its' software. It is way more expensive and accessories that should come with it do not and you have to pay extra for them. They charge for every little thing needed. ]

But its roughly 5x the price of the Link system and yes it too has its quirks and buggers:D:

and each do functions the other does not

and again yes,I own 4x Links and 2x A6's

But its roughly 5x the price of the Link system and yes it too has its quirks and buggers:D:

and each do functions the other does not

and again yes,I own 4x Links and 2x A6's

Heh, yeah it is far more expensive. Maybe it is an apples and oranges type thing. I just feel like the CL software could use a major facelift and feature set like Aquasuite. Hardware wise, the Commander Mini is in a different tier, a more affordable one. The software just could use a lot more flexibility along with bug fixes.

CL3 is due rrrrrreal soon. That's going to be the next CL drop, and a lot of things have been fixed/changed under the hood.

This sounds promising! Since I started using CL with the h100i when it first came out, development and releases have seemed so few and with minor changes. I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for CL3.

Archived