The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   iCUE Software (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=280)
-   -   iCUE + 5 LL fans 140mm Light Problems (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187586)

CryWolf 05-20-2019 07:22 PM

iCUE + 5 LL fans 140mm Light Problems
 
Hello guys,

I've been using 5 LL fans of 140mm on my system for about a month now. They are all connected on the Lighting Node Pro that came with the 3 fan pack running the Firmware version 0.7.122. iCUE version is 3.15.101.

When I turn my computer on they behave normally, first lighting white, which is the color I set up to run the LL fans when the iCue is not running, and then, when the computer logs in, my color profile works just fine.

The problem is that, after some time using the computer, randomly the colors from my profile stops to work and all LL fans turns white. When this happens I noticed that iCue still recognizes the Lighting Node Pro but it doesn't respond to anything I try to change. I tried changing profiles, updating firmware, closing and opening again the iCue, reseting iCue service and even uninstalling and installing again the iCue. Nothing works... Randomly the colors change to white and and only works again if I restart the computer.

It is important to note that my motherboard only have 2 USB 2 ports, 1 is using for the H115i and the other one I'm using for the NZXT Internal USB HUB, on which I'm using to plug the Lighting Node Pro and my frontal USB 2 ports. I'm only using it because Corsair requires a Internal USB 2 port for each hardware you buy, which is sad...

Please, help me with this problem and sorry for any english mistake, english is not my native language.

Thank you all. :biggrin:

Zotty 05-21-2019 12:37 AM

when it happens.... what happens if you go into settings a restart corsair service?.

another thing to try is run the node pro to your rear IO,, does the problem stop? if so,,, look at the NZXT hub.......

gtstarwars 05-21-2019 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CryWolf (Post 1005165)
Hello guys,

I've been using 5 LL fans of 140mm on my system for about a month now. They are all connected on the Lighting Node Pro that came with the 3 fan pack running the Firmware version 0.7.122. iCUE version is 3.15.101.

When I turn my computer on they behave normally, first lighting white, which is the color I set up to run the LL fans when the iCue is not running, and then, when the computer logs in, my color profile works just fine.

The problem is that, after some time using the computer, randomly the colors from my profile stops to work and all LL fans turns white. When this happens I noticed that iCue still recognizes the Lighting Node Pro but it doesn't respond to anything I try to change. I tried changing profiles, updating firmware, closing and opening again the iCue, reseting iCue service and even uninstalling and installing again the iCue. Nothing works... Randomly the colors change to white and and only works again if I restart the computer.

It is important to note that my motherboard only have 2 USB 2 ports, 1 is using for the H115i and the other one I'm using for the NZXT Internal USB HUB, on which I'm using to plug the Lighting Node Pro and my frontal USB 2 ports. I'm only using it because Corsair requires a Internal USB 2 port for each hardware you buy, which is sad...

Please, help me with this problem and sorry for any english mistake, english is not my native language.

Thank you all. :biggrin:

Hey there,

Have you tried plugging the node pro directly into the motherboard? It could be a faulty hub if so. leave the h115i plugged in and disconnect the front io port usb and just plug in the node pro to motherboard to determine if it is a faulty usb hub.


That being said some notes to remember, the LL140s only come in a 2 pack, are you sure you didnt buy a triple pack LL120? The RGB LED hub will have no issues with the 120 + 140 fans as they have same number LEDs but as they are on a chain, if one fails, the rest are unable to work because one of them stopped passing the signal.

CryWolf 05-23-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zotty (Post 1005187)
when it happens.... what happens if you go into settings a restart corsair service?.

another thing to try is run the node pro to your rear IO,, does the problem stop? if so,,, look at the NZXT hub.......

Hello :)

If I restart the iCue service the node pro doesn't show any more on the iCue. It is like the node pro stopped working at all.

I didn't understand what you meant by plugging the node pro on the rear IO. Is this even possible? The USB 2.0 cabe that comes with it doesn't plug in normal usb 2.0, only the internal usb 2.0.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtstarwars (Post 1005203)
Hey there,

Have you tried plugging the node pro directly into the motherboard? It could be a faulty hub if so. leave the h115i plugged in and disconnect the front io port usb and just plug in the node pro to motherboard to determine if it is a faulty usb hub.


That being said some notes to remember, the LL140s only come in a 2 pack, are you sure you didnt buy a triple pack LL120? The RGB LED hub will have no issues with the 120 + 140 fans as they have same number LEDs but as they are on a chain, if one fails, the rest are unable to work because one of them stopped passing the signal.

I didn't try that. I will try it if the problem comes back. After I unninstalled and installed again the iCue and, at the same time, changed the USB 2.0 port that I was using in the NZXT hub for the node pro, the problem seems to be solved.

Sorry about the wrong information. I did buy a LL 140 twin pack and 3 more others. They are all 140mm.

Thank you all for the information. For now, the problem is solved. If it comes back I will test it directly on the USB 2.0 of the MOBO to check for a faulty NZXT hub. But, if it persists, I will let you guys know.

Thank you all :)

Zotty 05-23-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CryWolf (Post 1005460)
Hello :)

If I restart the iCue service the node pro doesn't show any more on the iCue. It is like the node pro stopped working at all.

I didn't understand what you meant by plugging the node pro on the rear IO. Is this even possible? The USB 2.0 cabe that comes with it doesn't plug in normal usb 2.0, only the internal usb 2.0.



using a normal Mini USB cable.. yet it's possible buddy, just trying to cancel out the usb port being an issue

CryWolf 05-26-2019 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zotty (Post 1005462)
using a normal Mini USB cable.. yet it's possible buddy, just trying to cancel out the usb port being an issue

Nice! I didn't know that this was possible. Thank you for the idea. If the problem comes back I will do that.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.