Corsair Community

Screw Specs for the Corsair HG10 N980

rafamundez

Anyone know the screw specs for the screws used to attach the HG10 N980 to the PCB of the graphics card?

I have a Titan x + HG10 N980 that I'm trying to put on the EVGA Titan X backplate (for increased stability and stress reduction of the PCB) however the included screws for the HG10 N980 have a head diameter that is slightly too big (1 size or even 1/2 a size smaller would probably be perfect).

From my digital micro caliper measurements, the head diameter of the stock/included corsair screws have a ~5.01 mm head diameter (see image below) and the head diameter I need is ~4.68 mm which is a difference of ~0.33 mm. My plan right now is to go to home depot (tonight) and have them help me out. My back-up plan is to take home a file and some sand paper to reduce the head diameter of the screw by 0.33 mm (not sure how difficult that would be).

If anyone can give any insight, suggestions, etc. that would be great!

For reference:

http://www.globalspec.com/ImageRepository/LearnMore/20125/Screw_dimensions_labeled_legend_keyc38fc182c4604b5da125602e3e74c0c3.png

Update #1:

From my work tools, I have found out that it is within spec for an English Screw. The screw/thread is a 4-40 with approximately a 2.90 mm shaft diameter. I will double check everything at home depot when I go there today after work.

• 4 weeks later...
Update #1:

From my work tools, I have found out that it is within spec for an English Screw. The screw/thread is a 4-40 with approximately a 2.90 mm shaft diameter. I will double check everything at home depot when I go there today after work.

Any luck finding the specifics on the HG10 screws? I want to add a backplate to mine too.

Archived