Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance K95 Cherry MX Blue RGB Mod

frankjunior

Hello,

I am currently seeking advice about the K95. I realize Corsair decided Cherry MX Blue switches are not worthy of their keyboards (hint the sarcasm, Corsair). Would it be possible to buy the K95 RGB in either the MX Red or Brown as well as a full set of Cherry MX Blue switches and hack together the two switches to create your own RGB MX Blues? I do not have much experience with mechanical keyboards as I've never owned one, but from what I've seen, it appears you can open them up to change springs and such. I am comfortable with soldering, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,

Frank

Hello,

I am currently seeking advice about the K95. I realize Corsair decided Cherry MX Blue switches are not worthy of their keyboards (hint the sarcasm, Corsair). Would it be possible to buy the K95 RGB in either the MX Red or Brown as well as a full set of Cherry MX Blue switches and hack together the two switches to create your own RGB MX Blues? I do not have much experience with mechanical keyboards as I've never owned one, but from what I've seen, it appears you can open them up to change springs and such. I am comfortable with soldering, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,

Frank

You can desolder the switches and swap the clear housings with Cherry MX Blues' switch housings, then resolder them back on. It's been done. It will probably void your warranty, though.

I've checked the US online store. It says there is one K95 RGB with MX Blue in stock. Is that pre-order then?

There's always a plan B: One could just use the mechanical parts of a standard MX Blue key. As far as I know the inside of the casing of all MX key types is the same. Even if there is a LED on it, the mechanical parts should fit.

I've checked the US online store. It says there is one K95 RGB with MX Blue in stock. Is that pre-order then?

There's always a plan B: One could just use the mechanical parts of a standard MX Blue key. As far as I know the inside of the casing of all MX key types is the same. Even if there is a LED on it, the mechanical parts should fit.

that is correct but you have to ask your self is it worth voiding the warranty

Archived