Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'setup help needed'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CORSAIR COMMS DEPARTMENT
    • Community Rules & Announcements
    • Live Event Announcements
    • New Product Releases
  • COMMUNITY DISCUSSIONS
    • Non-CORSAIR Tech, Benchmarks, and Overclocking
    • Games & Gaming
    • Battlestation and Build Showcase
  • TECHNICAL SUPPORT & CUSTOMER SERVICE
    • iCUE Software Troubleshooting
    • Build Hardware Troubleshooting
    • Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 8 results

1. Hello everyone, Recently I started working on a fun, personal project to occupy my time by building my first PC. I've decided that this may be a relaxing way to "unwind" from my work, as I'm a Network Engineer and this seemed a bit less of a mental task and more physical one. That said, I've come to a sudden obstacle. I currently have a Corsair 5000D Airflow tower and saw on Corsair's website/tower review videos that it is possible to have up to 13 fans installed; 3x 120mm front, 3x 120mm side, 6x 120mm AIO CPU cooler push/pull configuration, and 1x 120mm rear). Call it overkill, but I am intrigued and would like to test this. The obstacle: wiring - HOW? Additionally, what other parts are needed, if necessary? I currently have a Commander Pro, a Commander CORE (included with the AIO), and 2x RGB lighting hubs (included with each 3pk of RGB fans), as well as the pre-installed PWM on the rear/backside of the Airflow 5000D. I have searched for hours trying to find some sort of video explanation or guide, but the only mention that I have located seems to require splitters. Is there no other way to make this work without the use of additional splitters? At the end of this all, ideally, I would prefer that the iCUE lighting function works with all the fan as well. I'm not too concerned with costs of additional equipment if needed, I just need to know what is necessary and how to do so. Just for safe measure, these are my current specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-core CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ATX M4 Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 128GB (4x32gb) DDR4-3200 CL16 Storage: Corsair MP600 PRO XT Gen4 PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB FTW3 Ultra Gaming LE iCX3 Tower: Corsair 5000D Ariflow ATX Mid PSU: Corsair AXi 1600w 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Fans: 13x Corsair iCUE QL120mm I appreciate any help on this matter and look forward to hearing your responses. I'll be sure to upload photos once this build is complete. Thank you!
  2. Hey guys, I'm trying to wire 8 QL fans in my 680X, 5 140mm (two on the radiator, two bottom, one rear exhaust) and three 120mm (front of case), as well as 4 RGB Pro strips. If I've got this right, I can connect all eight fans with the special RGB fan hub splitter into two fan hubs (already got this splitter from eBay), and then I need some PWM Y fan splitters to connect two sets of fans, so all eight can fit on the commander pro? Never used fan splitters, I don't know if I need a specific type or what, I'm also not entirely sure which ones I would need to populate where to get my lighting synced correctly. I'm trying to follow the wiring setup in the 1000D case example since its the closest thing I've been able to find to what I'm trying to do. So, I guess my question is do I need a specific kind of PWM fan splitters, and should I be linking them to specific ones? The diagram for the 1000D doesn't exactly account for fans that aren't side by side, so I'm not entirely sure whats gonna happen with the lighting when I try and split 5 140mm and 3 120mm fans into two hubs. If anyone has done anything like this and has any sort of insight, it would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking at Zotty's compilation of the RGB ecosystem and the fan setups and the like, but I still have doubts about what I'm trying to accomplish. Also if anyone could tell me if there's a specific brand of PWM fan splitters to use for this, or Corsair fans specifically, it would be appreciated. https://imgur.com/2zqD6EH <----- the 1000D wiring example I'm trying to translate into a 680X
  3. I have serious problems with the corsair icue software. My fans connected via node core don't work properly. I have 3 sp 120 mm fans and if I try to set them up in icue they just won't light up and I can't control them but if choose QL RGB fans it works. My second problem is my harpoon rgb pro wireless mouse it shows up in icue but I can't change an color even the color in the preview window does not change. If I choose a color via scenes it workes sometimes. I do not know anymore what to try out pleas help me!
  4. Hi everyone I'm installing my H150i Pro XT and have seen that you can plug it into either the CPU_FAN header or the PUMP_FAN header. My Maximus Hero XI Mobo has both headers as shown here. What would be the difference between the two and is one more advisable than the other? I'm wondering specifically if there is a difference in how I would control the pump and fan speeds and how the BIOS recognises the hardware. Thanks
  5. Hi Everyone, Just wanted to share the parts I've bought for my first PC build and get people's opinions on whether it will be a safe build. I know the components technically fit together on paper but wanted an opinion on whether this setup looks like it would provide enough airflow and cooling for safe running. Some contextual info: I will be using as a professional workstation mostly for design, 3D and 2D animation, mostly C4D, After Effects, Houdini and some 3D GPU rendering. I would like to OC at some point but not entirely necessary if it will be unsafe for my particular setup. The 280mm AIO will be set up as top exhaust in my carbide air 540 along with the stock case fans (Corsair Fan AF140L) intaking air at the front (2 fans) and exhausting at the rear (1 fan) PART LIST CPU Intel i9 9900k GPU ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB ROG Strix OC Edition Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3000 MHz C15 Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB Motherboard ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) Z390 Cooler AIO Corsair H115i Pro XT Case Corsair Carbide Air 540 PSU 750W Corsair HX Series HX750 Any opinions would be much appreciated, thank you! Stef
  6. Heyo ;) I am not sure what forum to post this in since it concerns cooling, the iCUE software and the Corsair Link, i hope if it is wrong here a moderator can move it - thanks a lot! :) My Problem, I have the following setup: A Corsair Commander Pro (absolutely love it) for controlling the 2 fans on my water cooling radiator + the pump + one rear case fan - this works brilliantly as I said I love it. Today I replaced the fans of the water cooling radiator with 2 QL 120mm fans because I wanted to be able to control the RGB of the whole system with iCUE. Since i was at it I bought 4 LED stripes set from Corsair as well. I ran the LED stripes in series and hooked them up to the second LED port in the Corsair Commander - turns out one stripe is broken, that's a bummer :/ (if I put it in series, the following stripes won't work and if I put it in last position only it's very first LED lights up and is always white, the rest stays dark no matter what) but it's not my main concern: The 3 fans I connected to a CORSAIR RGB Fan LED Hub that is hooked into the first LED channel of the Commander Pro. Now here are my 2 problems with that: One of the QL fans acts .. well weird I'm not sure if it's broken or not. Let's call it Frank. If i put Frank into slot 1 of the RGB hub, iCUE says it should have a red indicator light identifying it as #1. It doesn't, Frank has a blue indicator light and one white one. If I put the second fan - let's say Sally - in as well like this, Sally won't work at all. If I switch the order of the fans, Sally #1 and Frank #2, Sally works perfectly well and Frank has his 1 blue LED and 1 white LED (not next to each other) and that's all he will ever do. I find it kinda hard to believe that 2 out of my 3 Corsair products (2 fans and 1 set of LED stripes) are faulty right out of the box .. am I doing anything wrong here? Do QL fans not work with the "old" RGB hub or something? I have iCUE configured with the correct number of fans and LED stripes. My second problem - totally on me: As it turns out, you can't run QL fans on the same RGB hub as LL fans - my third fan, the one on the back of the case is an older LL one. Is my only solution to run the same type of fans if i want to run LED stripes as well - since the Commander Pro only has 2 LED outputs and I don't see a method to "split" those into more? I would be fine with switching the rear fan out for a QL one if I weren't so concerned that 2 of my 3 packages might have contained faulty hardware. I'm grateful for any kind of advice :D
  7. Hi! My first time here! (My english is not the best- sorry) I have a Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL Case and i want to install 9 QL fans and stripes now. 3 are for my AIO (NZXT Kraken X73) and the others in the case. My question now: You can plug in 6 fans into a lighting node core. When i have more than 6 fans i need 2 cores. Do i get problems with the effects now or is this possible with the Software- or can i plug a core into a core so the Software is controlling the 9 fans in the right order? And can i plug the stripes into the core or do i need someting else? Thanks!
  8. I just brought a "Corsair Hydro 115i RGB Platinum" and I'm having issues with it, I'm not that well knowledged on all these "RGB" things! or these corsair links, or so on future tech! But I can't seem to make it work correctly. For the computer I'm trying to use it on, the motherboard is a "RAMPAGE V EXTREME" I've plugged in all the cables, I've plugged the CPU fan header into the header next to the "Republic of Gamers" light sign ( I don't know if this matters) It's where my h110 was! (check images) And I've plugged in all the fan cables, and RGB cables, But the lights on the fans won't light up! and the pump just as a static rainbow color ring! the fans move, and all, the pumps fine, my CPU temps are fine! I don't know if there are settings in my bios I have to change or what, PLEASE ONLY ANSWER IF YOU KNOW THE "BIOS FOR MY MOTHERBOARD" all BIOSes are different! I am autistic, and such, and will lose my blasted nerve if I can't find whatever settings easily! Because sometimes BIOSes will name stuff differently from other BIOSes, or put stuff in different areas! I've set even every FAN thing I can find to "IGNORE" (I don't know if this was smart) it's so I can fix the damn CPU FAN ERROR message... - Neither Corsair Link, or iCUE can find my cooler, it's not even in "DEVICE MANAGER", "CORSAIR LINK" has found my motherboard, GPU, CPU, and ram... Please help me out if you can. I've posted 2 images, or Will post 2, one is of the CPU fan connectors for the motherboard, Can someone tell me where to plug the cable into please, thanks!