Corsair Community

iCue and SP120 RGB Pro fan speed

belh4wk

Hi there, wondering if anyone here might know what's up;

so i have a carbide spec delta case (the one that comes with the 3 non-standard fans installed in the front, 1 standard exhaust fan in the back)

i also have a commander pro and an RGB fan led hub

i've ordered 3 SP120 RGB Pro fans to hook up to the commander pro and RGB fan led hub

the 3 SP120 RGB pro fans are in ports 1-3 on the commander pro

and hooked up to ports 1-3 in the RGB fan led hub

the 2 non-standard fans (mounted in the top of the case) are plugged into ports 4 & 5 on the commander pro

the exhaust fan is plugged into port 6 on the commander pro

now, here's the problem

while i'm able to control the RPM for the fans plugged into ports 4-6, i cannot get the RPM for the SP120 RGB Pro fans to change, not even when i set a fixed RPM; the fans will keep spinning at around 1200-1500RPM

does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

thanks in advance for any insights you can share

Edited by belh4wk

iCUE settings-> Commander Pro. Change ports 1-3 from Auto to 3 pin.

It really should work on auto, but sometimes it’s better to specify. Not sure what you mean by the “non-standard” fans, but it seems they are working.

iCUE settings-> Commander Pro. Change ports 1-3 from Auto to 3 pin.

It really should work on auto, but sometimes it’s better to specify. Not sure what you mean by the “non-standard” fans, but it seems they are working.

oh man i feel like such a blithering idiot right now :laughing:

changed the setting, fixed :P (i prefer setting things up manually rather than auto, even after 20 years of this, i still don't trust electronics :P)

the worst part is that i was thinking yesterday that, right, so 3 pin, because the fans are 3 pins

and yet, there i was having set it to 4 pin, because, you know, the connectors on the CoPro are 4 pin

oh my effing god i feel so daft right now :D:

thanks for the info man, much appreciated!

as for the non-standard, they look like SP120 RGB series fans, but they have a 12V RGB connector in stead of a 5V one like the other fans you can get from Corsair (like the SP, LL, MLs)

apparently due to Corsair choosing to provide that so as to prevent people on a budget from having to get a CoPro and LNC/Pro to control their fans, IF they have a mobo that has 12V headers that is, which mine doesn't have

Edited by belh4wk