Corsair Community

Ticket# 6018410 (no response since 15th May)

• Corsair Employee

You made a Accessory part request but stated the PSU was making noise, so we do not know what part you are requesting. Is it like fan noise or a coil noise?

Can you be a bit more specific on the issue and are you using a battery backup or APC, and is the power outlet you are using properly grounded?

My apologies for making the wrong request, nevertheless it took a over two weeks for a reply.

I ordered two AXi1200 PSUs which were tested on two different systems and produced the coil whine even without having any components connected. Since my first RMA request (15th May), an electrician came to inspect the sockets which appeared to be just fine (peanutz94 was the first person to suggest a grounding fault in the sockets).

At this point I have received the RMA ticket, however I am unable to send this PSU as this is the only one I have at the moment! My computer is my work and I can't afford any down time. Is it possible to send out the PSU once the new one has arrived? This is what happened last time for my corsair ax1200.

Thanks for your help,

Seva

• Corsair Employee

No problem at all I was just explaining why there was such a delay.

And I am sorry for that, I have sent a message to our customer service and asked them to get a replacement for you and to have the unit you have now sent back here for failure analysis. They will contact you ASAP but it may be faster for you to call them by phone. You can call the toll free number listed under 888-222-4346 using SKYPE for free.

Yeah that's right, using a power strip and yes the electrician confirmed the grounding is fine. Was going a bit crazy with this first, but I am truly hoping the new one will be fine. The thing is some coil whine is more than fine, but this is so bad that I wear headphones when working on the PC.

Archived