Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE feedback

Corsair,

Some feedback on the Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE.

Feedback/Issues open

No code has to be inserted here.

Feedback/Issues closed

No code has to be inserted here.

Edited by jpdsc

I wanted to make the same thread.

- Sometimes Left and right Earcups are switched in sound. Headset off and on helps on this.

- If the headset is off and i join teamspeak and turn it on Teamspeak wont recognise the mic. Close TS and rejoin the server fixes this.

- Dolby atmos doesnt work with the corsair Drivers. (its a shame let us use what we want :) ) we bought the license you have to pay nothing to dolby then.

- Headset wont go into standby if it is plugged overnight on an PC usb port -> empty headset next day

-sometimes the microphone is off and clearly RED indicated but the sidetone works still

- corsair 7.1 sounds like taking a shower and the sound has an underwater effect

All this issues are only with the corsair drivers. The teamspeak bug is with windows and Corsair drivers. Without the corsair driver i have only the Teamspeak issue. The downside is automatic Standby wont work anymore.

While not a bug it would be awesome if you could create a macro or a command in iCue for a keyboard button so you could turn surround sound on and off. I also found out that the ear padding is removable by pushing it down and turning. One of the most annoying issues at the moment for me seems to be that the headset can only be charged while the computer is on, I've tried having the headset connected in both wireless and wired mode but it wont charge when the computer is turned off.

While not a bug it would be awesome if you could create a macro or a command in iCue for a keyboard button so you could turn surround sound on and off. I also found out that the ear padding is removable by pushing it down and turning. One of the most annoying issues at the moment for me seems to be that the headset can only be charged while the computer is on, I've tried having the headset connected in both wireless and wired mode but it wont charge when the computer is turned off.

Just charge it with a mobile phone charger ;-). Non-fast charge

• Corsair Employee
Thanks guys for putting this list together, it really helps in terms of tracking feedback from all of you. I'll continue to monitor this thread, providing all the info to our dev team to review, and see what we can address in a timely manner. As updates roll out, our team will chime in and inform you.

I wanted to make the same thread.

- Sometimes Left and right Earcups are switched in sound. Headset off and on helps on this.

- If the headset is off and i join teamspeak and turn it on Teamspeak wont recognise the mic. Close TS and rejoin the server fixes this.

- Dolby atmos doesnt work with the corsair Drivers. (its a shame let us use what we want :) ) we bought the license you have to pay nothing to dolby then.

- Headset wont go into standby if it is plugged overnight on an PC usb port -> empty headset next day

-sometimes the microphone is off and clearly RED indicated but the sidetone works still

- corsair 7.1 sounds like taking a shower and the sound has an underwater effect

All this issues are only with the corsair drivers. The teamspeak bug is with windows and Corsair drivers. Without the corsair driver i have only the Teamspeak issue. The downside is automatic Standby wont work anymore.

Regarding: - If the headset is off and i join teamspeak and turn it on Teamspeak wont recognise the mic. Close TS and rejoin the server fixes this.

The issue is not with Corsair but with TS3. I tried with my old USB headset and same issue.

You do not need to restart TS, just go to

Tools > Options > Capture and change the capture device to default and back to the USB one or USB to default.

Thanks guys for putting this list together, it really helps in terms of tracking feedback from all of you. I'll continue to monitor this thread, providing all the info to our dev team to review, and see what we can address in a timely manner. As updates roll out, our team will chime in and inform you.

No worries, I will add more feedback when I see it.

Just to add my own observations with the headset:

- The microphone does not want to work in USB mode. When I switch it to wireless mode, the microphone will then work (this is a Windows 10 machine with the 1903 update).

- I briefly had an instance where the sound would only play out of one side in USB mode. Switching to wireless and then back to USB seemed to correct the issue.

- As already mentioned, the 7.1 surround sound mode in the iCUE software is very distorted.

Regarding: - If the headset is off and i join teamspeak and turn it on Teamspeak wont recognise the mic. Close TS and rejoin the server fixes this.

The issue is not with Corsair but with TS3. I tried with my old USB headset and same issue.

You do not need to restart TS, just go to

Tools > Options > Capture and change the capture device to default and back to the USB one or USB to default.

No worries, I will add more feedback when I see it.

That's not correct :P other mics work fine and it is only if the virtuoso mic is off at the time I join the ts. I tried it with the settings before sometimes I have to restart the virtuoso up to 3 times until I have a mic on ts. Ingame chat works fine every time. It's only in wireless mode.

That's not correct :P other mics work fine and it is only if the virtuoso mic is off at the time I join the ts. I tried it with the settings before sometimes I have to restart the virtuoso up to 3 times until I have a mic on ts. Ingame chat works fine every time. It's only in wireless mode.

Tried it again today and indeed, the issue only occurs with the Corsair one.

I forgot I still had the Corsair also connected :confused:

Hi Corsair,

I've had my Virtuoso RGB Wireless headphones for about a week now and I've been having some weird issues.

The main problem has been that it seems like every other time I boot up my PC my headset won't connect to the wireless dongle. I turn on my PC and the dongle light flashes red. My first thought was that the battery was low so I plugged it up via USB-C to USB to my PC and there was no reaction. No lights or anything that indicated that it was charging or that it was getting power. I tried different ports on my PC, different cables, even tried plugging it into the outlet I use to charge my phone. Still nothing.

What ends up happening is in iCUE I go to the headset (which shows unavailable) and I try the "USB Wireless Receiver Pairing" option about 10-15 times and eventually, by some type of magic it seems, the headset finally lights up and connects to the dongle. I'm not sure what the issue is. The first time this happened the battery was about medium life (according to the gauge in the system taskbar) and the second time I left them charging connected to my PC while I got some work done, I go to use them and the same thing happens. Only this time they connect and the battery is critical somehow. And I just went through this a third time today.

Any ideas as to what could be happening? I love this headset but this is a very annoying 30 min process to go through every other time I want to use them. Thanks in advance.

What happens if you try performing the "Force Firmware Update" in iCUE? Do you experience the same disconnect behavior when connected to a different PC/Laptop?

I haven't tried a different PC yet. They are working properly at the moment. But I just forced an update anyway and it did update. Will update here if the problem continues to happen beyond today. Thanks.

I find that after a little while of usage in a game the sound goes all crackle-y - I further noticed tonight that when it did that, the light on the USB dongle was no longer lit up. I am going to try it in another usb port and see if maybe that is what is causing it.

Hi Guys

So basically my headset doesn't work on PC.

iCUE can detect the headset through both wireless and USB mode,setting and lighting works, only just there is no any audio input/output.

On any circumstance,3.5 jack works while plugged in my phone. So I'm pretty sure the headset itself is alright.

FYI, I have already tried to uninstall drivers from device manager and reinstall iCUE.Or Troubleshoot from Windows. Nothing changed.

And When I start up the Voicemeeter Banana, this error pops out.

https://imgur.com/5RnFggy

Doesn't what's the problem, But thanks in advance.

My Virtuoso RGB SE is not powering on after a power outage. It was being charged via USB-C from the pc. The dongle is flashing red but the headset refuses to power on thru wireless or cable.

That's a bug it won't go into standby and seems to be charging but sucks itself empty use a 1 amp phone charger.

• Corsair Employee
Hi Guys

So basically my headset doesn't work on PC.

iCUE can detect the headset through both wireless and USB mode,setting and lighting works, only just there is no any audio input/output.

On any circumstance,3.5 jack works while plugged in my phone. So I'm pretty sure the headset itself is alright.

FYI, I have already tried to uninstall drivers from device manager and reinstall iCUE.Or Troubleshoot from Windows. Nothing changed.

And When I start up the Voicemeeter Banana, this error pops out.

https://imgur.com/5RnFggy

Doesn't what's the problem, But thanks in advance.

Double check your Windows Sound Settings that Virtuoso is set to your default Playback Device and Recording Device. Almost sounds like another device within windows is taking priority right now.

I find that after a little while of usage in a game the sound goes all crackle-y - I further noticed tonight that when it did that, the light on the USB dongle was no longer lit up. I am going to try it in another usb port and see if maybe that is what is causing it.

I've got this exact same issue! a set i've purchased from OCUK been using a week and noticed quite occasionaly the headset keeps breaking up,clipping going from mono to stereo it sounds like, try discord and grim dawn it does it 9 times out of 10. Also noticed the white solid corsair logo had gone blank when it starts to act up.

Is this faulty Corsair as i need to send it back if it keeps doing this. It's not useable in this state with the disconnections from the reciever, and i've even had the recievcer on an extension less than 1 metre away from heasdset, it is not a signal issue, the reciever keeps going blank and disconnectiong.

Edited by Ady1976
mistake

Double check your Windows Sound Settings that Virtuoso is set to your default Playback Device and Recording Device. Almost sounds like another device within windows is taking priority right now.

So after that I tried to uninstall realtek audio driver,nvidia audio driver and voicemeeter.

Checked out everything.

First I tried to troubleshoot.

https://imgur.com/WWoUcB9

there you go.

And still no any audio

Then I install voicemeeter

same message when starting up

https://imgur.com/uzlMLEn

this error message on the Headset Microphone tap.

https://imgur.com/UdpuefX

However the headset works when using KS but still no Microphone.

idk. guessing I'm going for an RMA

I got my Virtuoso today and both is wireless and wired operation, I am getting crackling noises if in the audio that is playing appears to be peaking. Not confirmed if that is the cause but did reinstall drivers and iCUE as well. (Similar issues to Feedback/Issue 19 but do not see the dongle lighting issues)

Update: Did a little more investigation and I have audio set to mono, I am completely deaf in my left ear and this helps in some games, played a same video that had this issue with and without (Windows) Mono audio settings and it appears to resolve the issue.

Edited by HilowB52
Better Understanding of problem