Corsair Community

Vengeance 1500 start / stop sound.

xedoz

theese are working fine for me (except for some noise @skype wich im blaming skype / my comp for tho since that happens @ normal speakers to at high enough volulme)

anyways, the problem im having is that when i have no program utilizing the headphones and i go exploring folders with windows explorer the "tick" sound when going into a new folder is messed up.

however if i start spotify (not playing anything just starting it) theese sounds play perfectly, same if im inside a game playing sounds or having an ongoing skype call.

but as soon as i quit that application it goes back to the same, longer sounds like when clicking in the volume controller in system tray have the same behavious altho they are long enough to not be as obvious, the tick sound is short and sometimes it cant even be heard in the headphones, but if going back/forward trough some folders you can hear this messed up sound very clear.

sorry if this has been posted before, tried searching some but didnt find anything, anyone got tips?

EDIT: this doesnt happen if i dont install corsair drivers and select stereo.

I've seen a few threads with the similar issues to my own but this is the first one I've seen noticing the 'short' sounds when clicking folders in explorer. It's almost as though the headphones are only playing part of the sound.

In addition I've noticed when watching Netflix I will occasionally have audio drop completely, followed by a bit of static, and then it returns. Oddly Netflix will exit fullscreen when this happens.

Some points of interest

- I've updated every driver I could find related to the Intel chipset.

- I've removed all non-essential usb devices and tried both 3.0 and 2.0 ports on my system.

- My motherboard is an ASRock Z77E-ITX.

- I have my headset set to 'bypass' mode.

- Silverlight hardware acceleration is disabled (re: the Netflix issue)

- I have not tried removing the drivers yet but that seems a bit silly since the whole point of these headphones is the 5.1 which will not function without the drivers.

Any ideas I haven't tried?

Does this occur when you hit bypass on the software to revert back to 2.1?

this happens with all settings ive tried while having the corsair drivers installed.

except for the dolby 5.1 mode. this makes the sound not play at all most of the time, and very rarely it can be heard and if its heard there is still some static to it.

to me it seems like the headphones "shuts of" between playing up the sounds, and restarts as soon as theese sounds appear (when clicking folders etc) and as said as long as any application is using the audio device it doesnt happen, the sound plays perfectly.

its the only problem ive noticed at all with the headphones and its a small problem really, altho when exiting a game and sitting by computer doing random stuff without any other sound it can get quite annoying.

and also i did try to uninstall realtek drivers, and disable onboard audio in bios

but still only thing that works is uninstall corsair audio and use microsoft 2.1 setting, wich is not an option.

• Corsair Employee
Draco and Xedoz: Try your headsets on a different machine if possible to see if the problem follows the headset. This is the best way to determine if its related to the headset or something going on hardware-wise.

Draco and Xedoz: Try your headsets on a different machine if possible to see if the problem follows the headset. This is the best way to determine if its related to the headset or something going on hardware-wise.

i just tried this on another computer, and the problem remains, so sofar tried on win7 machine with "modern" intel hardware and win7 and also on old computer amd based with windows xp.

on the xp machines the static was clearer even using dolby 5.1 mode, and also the problem wasnt there before drivers was installed.

and still adding, while installing the drivers you get this static seeming to me headphones gets restarted this is when the errors start (assuming when drivers gets installed and started) the very same sound is what happens when playing theese short sounds making it very much seem to me like the headphones shuts themself off when no sound is playing or any device using them, going into spotify starting a track stopping it but leaving spotify turned on, makes the sound play proper.

EDIT: i can also add that i found this if going sound -> properties for corsair headphones that there is both volume control and Mic in the page for Levels (using swedish windows 7 so sorry if the labels are translated wrong)

muting / enabling the mic on this page will give a very short crackling in the headset, however this seems to have no affect on the real mic.

this does not exist using microsoft drivers.

• Corsair Employee
i just tried this on another computer, and the problem remains, so sofar tried on win7 machine with "modern" intel hardware and win7 and also on old computer amd based with windows xp.

on the xp machines the static was clearer even using dolby 5.1 mode, and also the problem wasnt there before drivers was installed.

and still adding, while installing the drivers you get this static seeming to me headphones gets restarted this is when the errors start (assuming when drivers gets installed and started) the very same sound is what happens when playing theese short sounds making it very much seem to me like the headphones shuts themself off when no sound is playing or any device using them, going into spotify starting a track stopping it but leaving spotify turned on, makes the sound play proper.

EDIT: i can also add that i found this if going sound -> properties for corsair headphones that there is both volume control and Mic in the page for Levels (using swedish windows 7 so sorry if the labels are translated wrong)

muting / enabling the mic on this page will give a very short crackling in the headset, however this seems to have no affect on the real mic.

this does not exist using microsoft drivers.

Put in a RMA request and lets see if a replacement will resolve these issues.

Archived