Corsair Community

Corsair SP2500 speakers not working

15challenger

Hello, yesterday I returned to my place and found that my SP2500 speakers weren't working anymore. (No sound from woofer either.)

The control pod is turning on. If I connect headphones to control pod's audio jack, it works fine. But the speakers don't work. The left speaker doesn't work at all. No buzz sound at full volume. The right speaker gives a buzz sound at high volume.

Also, when I turn on the speakers there is a pop sound from the left speaker.

When I play something, there is absolutely no sound from the left speaker and really faint noise from right speaker at high volume. The audio isn't normal. It feels like it's coming from far away.

I was out of station for 1 week. The speakers were off. What could be the problem? Can it be repaired?

Edit: I tried connecting different satellite speakers to SP2500 woofer and they also aren't working. So I am guessing the problem is with the woofer audio ports.

Edit: I have also tried different audio sources but in vain.

^^

Yes, from aux1 to aux2 to line-in. Different audio sources. Different satellite speakers but nothing worked.

When I opened the sub-woofer (the part where remote and satellite speakers are connected, there was liquidy plastic on the circuit board. But everything looked in place. Couldn't see any black burnt part though.

Can't take a picture as I am out of town for few weeks.

I am guessing there was some electricity problem while I was away which killed the sub-woofer. But the control pod powers up, there is very faint noise in one of the satellite speakers. Confused what the problem could be.

Archived