Corsair Community

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Lighting trouble

jrj424

Hello all,

I built my first computer about 4 days ago and was delighted to see when I finally got it up and running and all the LED's were compatible through icue even my motherboard's LED's. unfortunately, after I restarted my computer for the first time, icue no longer allows me to change the color of my motherboard's LED's.

Now my motherboard's LED's don't light up at all and my motherboard doesn't show up under devices in icue at all.

The peculiar thing is it worked perfectly the first time I downloaded icue and opened it. also, my motherboard's LED's turn a nice light blue color when my PC powers off and they stay on even though all the other LED's (I have 3 fans with LED's and a power supply with LED's) turn off.

All the other Led's in my computer work perfectly with the icue system and I have already downloaded the recommended software from both corsair and ASUS help forums and support teams.

This is obviously not a major issue but I would love to get my motherboard to light up again so that my PC looks as stunning as the day I built it.

I have the same motherboard as you and cant get iCUE to link to it either. Tried redownloading Aura and even thats not picking it up anymore - then again Aura wont even recognise my 1080ti STRIX....

Yep! it sucks too! I have the same motherboard. It worked great for about a month then, it updated. Now, the MoBo doesn't show up in iCUE nor do the RBGs on the MoBo light up in sync with ALL my corsair items. Spent 3-4 hours trying to fix and shuffle through the forums here and online but, nothing helped! Very irritating to say the least! Ive always had issues with ASUS, this will be my last ASUS I will buy. Just ordered a MSI board hopefully with their corsair integration, it will be less of a headache. IDK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had this same problem after the latest Asus Crate update.

I literally reinstalled windows twice and it still wouldn't work but I finally got it working after trying the dumbest thing...

Unplug your computer. Wait a few seconds for the capacitors to drain out. Plug it back in.

After that it showed back up in Crate and in iCue.

Seriously, dumbest thing ever.

I have the motherboard showing up in Icue but it seems I can't control anything.

All is on the same color and it does not seem to do anything when I change it.

Where did I go wrong?

Also, with some ARGB Halos and neon strip, is there a way with Icue to control the leds independently? In aura it seems impossible

107497696_10158616616499533_8970492964747478663_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=CMbqGa9sQMIAX_vjxn5&_nc_ht=scontent-cdg2-1.xx&oh=1334761d9cf1ef7b30bdda1fabb6a9d4&oe=5F2C080B

• 1 month later...

Hero XI here. I found out how to do this.

(I do NOT use the Armoury Crate or ever installed it. So it is NOT in my system)

First, turn off control in Aura of anything connected to it. Then uninstall Aura. Use the cleaner to make sure it is gone.

In the Bios, make sure under AI section that Aura is on. I use Aura only in working state.

Open iCue, enable add-on's in the setting section.

Immediately my Asus 2070 Super and my Hero XI board showed up. I NEVER could get my board to show up in Aura. I can control both and the RGB strip that is attached to the board.

Interesting side note. When booting my board, GPU and RGB strip will still use the pulsing blue profile from Aura will booting. As soon as iCue starts up at boot, it takes control. Must be a hidden file somewhere that the MB, GPU and RGB strip reads from during boot.

Hope that helps.