Corsair Community

K70 RGB LUX doesn't have special presets in CUE 2.0? (spiral rainbow, rain, etc.)

Maybe I'm stupid and missing a certain drop-down list, but after purchasing a K70 RGB LUX and plugging it in to mess around in CUE 2.0, I realized that I was lacking certain lighting presets like Rain, Visor, Spiral Rainbow, etc. My mouse (Scimitar RGB) has access to Rainbows and stuff, so does the K70 RGB LUX just not have these presets?

http://i.imgur.com/uwyp3mt.png

EDIT: This screenshot is massive lol.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the PRIME example how confusing CUE still. I got my K70 RGB lux this week, and the software is a mess.

Like: I want to have a "Rainbow type trail" and a custom made wave effect at the same time.

The joke is, i can't do this. Because some reason "Advanced mode" is not advanced enough to have a Rainbow settings as a color option. Why can't we customize the standard effect in advanced mode? Or Advanced mode is not advanced enough for that task?

Advanced mode should have ALL the features of the standard mode. That's how advanced modes work in every other app.

Do i have to write my own app, to get the effect that i want? I'm really disappointed.

This is the PRIME example how confusing CUE still. I got my K70 RGB lux this week, and the software is a mess.

Like: I want to have a "Rainbow type trail" and a custom made wave effect at the same time.

The joke is, i can't do this. Because some reason "Advanced mode" is not advanced enough to have a Rainbow settings as a color option. Why can't we customize the standard effect in advanced mode? Or Advanced mode is not advanced enough for that task?

Advanced mode should have ALL the features of the standard mode. That's how advanced modes work in every other app.

Do i have to write my own app, to get the effect that i want? I'm really disappointed.

The way standard and advanced mode was made from the start was stupid, its been around since CUE 1 but i think they might be merging the two soon.

What's the difference between advanced mode on or off other than extra lights? I turned it off after reading this thread and felt like I discovered a whole new world of lighting.

Advanced mode was intended for people like me who make complex profiles, standard was made for the "set it and forget" people that dont like complex stuff. But it turns out more people prefer importing cool profiles made by other people over just using preset effects. So when they go to import it they have no idea that its the stupid switch that they need to flip to make it work.

• 1 month later...
If you would like to have rainbow reactive typing affect, you can set a gradient to react on key press and make the color into a rainbow.... Advanced can recreate the effects of standard (although the rainbow wave effects will be with some difficulty), with the added bonus of full per-key customization and lighting reactions

Archived