Corsair Community

H100 not controlling Noctua fans?

sum1quiet

Hi all, new here. Just registered to put this question to you knowledgeable folk.

I've got an H100 running in push/pull with 4 Noctua NF-P12 fans. I've noticed that the H100 doesn't attempt to control the speed at which the fans are rotating. If I unplug the fans and just plug in the stock H100 fan, the button works fine. If I swap back to the 4 Noctuas, the button is irrelevant. I've also noticed that the H100 is reporting a constant 2k rpm to the motherboard, whether the H100 fan is connected and running at full whack or the Noctuas are.

Are these symptoms normal?

The 2000 RPM you are seeing is the speed of the H100's pump, not the fans. That is correct for the pump speed. You can't see the fan speeds when they are connected to the H100's fan controller.

I'm not sure what you mean by the controller does not attempt to control the Noctua fans speed. The Noctua fans have a lower max RPM than the standard H100 fans, so they may be running at their top speed even at the lowest setting of the controller.

What I meant was that when I press the button on the controller, it doesn't change the speed of the Noctua fans. Just realised though, the max RPM of the Noctua fans are 1300 RPM which is the lowest speed of the controller, so it makes sense that the controller does nothing since they can't be sped up.

Also just occurred to me while doing some research that the Noctua fan's CFM is quoted at 93 m3/h instead of CFM, which converts to about 54 CFM. Wasted £35 on those things :/

Archived