Corsair Community

Harpoon mouse and scrolling

alexis6

I haven't contacted them yet. I guess I'm naive and was hoping someone would find the source of the problem eventually.

Tbh it doesn't seem like a physical defect so I think maybe it has to do with the mouse's firmware (seeing as people who don't use CUE still experience this problem). With the amount of people experiencing this issue, I'm hoping someone finds what's wrong with the firmware and devises a way to distribute it so that faulty mice can be as good as new haha.

• 2 weeks later...
Just bought the mouse last week. Having the same issue with and without CUE installed on WIN 10. Seems to be a firmware/driver problem. Any chance we will be getting a patch soon? Or should I just return the mouse and get a different one? I won't be keeping this one if the scroll wheel won't work.

• Corsair Employee

Hello Everyone,

We are working on replicating this issue still. For those of you who are experiencing this, please make sure to fill out your system specs. Better yet, send me a PM with your system specs so I can get this to our team.

Also, does updating to firmware 1.01 address the issue for you?

Edited by Corsair Henry

• Corsair Employee

As Henry suggested, please make sure you are using FW 1.01 (updated through CUE) so we can confirm if the FW did or did not resolve the problem for you.

If you can't use CUE for any reason, contact our support team and they can help you do a manual update.

• 4 weeks later...

I got my corsair harpoon rgb mouse off amazon a couple days ago

the first time i used it it worked great,

but on day two the scroll wheel stopped working!

after i unplug and plug back in it starts working again.

in a usb 3.0 slot

Edited by mndowne
more info

I was using the Harpoon and tolerating the fact that I had to unplug it and plug it back in to get the scroll wheel to work. Until this last time which stopped my Harpoon from connecting to my PC at all. Doesn't matter what port, doesn't work.

• 2 months later...

Hello

Im having the same problem i just bought the harpoon around a week ago, and since ive had it the mouse wheel will fail after around 10-15 mins after i power on my sytem

only way to correct it is to unplug it and plug it back it

Same problem here with Sabre mouse, I returned it. Didn't get the replacement yet (unfortunately). I was thinking about buying a Harpoon and selling the Sabre replacement, but now that I saw this thread I will probably go with other brand. I don't want to, because I have a K70 RGB but it seems that Corsair mouses have failing scroll wheels.

Same problem.

I bought the mouse (Harpoon Corsair) 2 days ago for work.

Spent yesterday setting a couple of macros on side buttons, but the scroll wheel worked properly. Today the scroll wheel did nothing in any program until I unplugged and replugged the USB.

I'm using Win 7 pro 64bit with dual monitors (if that's important.) Programs used - mainly AutoCAD Civil 3d 2018, Word 2013, and IE as the browser. I'm not using it for gaming. The controllable pointer speed is brilliant for digitising in CAD, but the zoom through the scrollwheel is essential.

Macros set up (which could have interfered maybe?) were for the two buttons on the side which I set to trigger zoom macros in Word which zoom to 500% and back out to page height.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

same problem here, sometimes i boot my computer up just to find out my harpoon is not scrolling. However, mouse wheel still responds to clicking (it activates that "lock" function that allows one to scroll a page just moving the mouse instead of scrolling its wheel)

Win10, system specs filled in forum profile. Mouse bought about 1 month ago.

The problem is intermitent but it happened twice for me this morning (i've booted up my computer, it wasn't scrolling, then i reboot to solve it and again it didn't scroll). Then i've noticed a CUE update was available, just updated it and as it seemed to "restart" my mouse (as if it was disconected then replugged), problem was solved.

Will keep monitoring now after the update to see if the problem persists or not.

>CUE version 2.16.87

• 2 weeks later...
Was the macro using the recorded scroll wheel movement?

Are you able to get the scroll wheel to stop working again? e.g. running the macro?

Since I bought the mouse, the scroll wheel frequently stops working. Until last week, unplugging the USB and then plugging back in would fix it. However this last week, I now have to unplug and replug several times before I can use the scroll again.

No. the macros I set up involved the side buttons and not the scroll wheel. They seem to be inconnected to this problem.

It seems this is just a fault with these mice which Corsair are very slow to recognise and fix.

I did just click on the support button, but it seems that their support is down for maintenance. Maybe they use these mice too!

I have just discovered that, like the person who posted above, if I press down on the scroll wheel I can scroll by dragging the mouse, but that is less useful than scrolling by rotating the wheel.

Edited by Archaeologist

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I have had my Harpoon mouse for ages and just put up with the fact that I have to unplug and replug everytime I use it in order to get the wheel to scroll. Extremely ennoying. Probably too late to get a replacement now and it was a gift anyway so I don't have a receipt. I keep hoping there will be a solution. Certainly going to avoid Corsair in future!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Same here, also the Harpoon version and i have 2 of them ( those where ideally for my hand, reminding me of the Logitech Pilot ones ).

2 different computers, ( Desk Pc & Game Pc ), but having this issue on both of them with new firmware and new software or not.

Scrollmouse wont work regulary, a reboot or plugout/plugin again is the only solution...

It looks like Corsair is not taking this too seriously, ill be ditching these mouses this week and never gonna buy a Corsair again, what a shame!

• 4 months later...

I've got the exact same issue.

De- and re-installed ICUE, disconnected the mouse, disconnected wifi dongle, rebootet computer, removed drivers, updated firmware...

Nothing works.

Wheel was working fine yesterday, left for a day and it just won't work since today.

Seeing that the thread is 4 years old and the issue hasn't been fixed makes we want to ditch the mouse and move to another brand.