Corsair Community

Commander Pro and Lightning Node Core with iCUE

Bengal

I have a commander pro linked to my motherboards usb header. I also have a lightning node core, that I was hoping to have plugged into the CP's USB header. The LNC is hooked up to 6 QL120mm fans.

When the LNC is plugged into the CPs USB header, it does not show up in USB Deview, nor does it show up in iCUE.

When the LNC is plugged into my motherboard, the LNC does show up in iCUE and appears to work flawlessly.

I have a Strix LC that I would like to have its RGB illuminated when the machine is powered off. When it is plugged into the CP it will light up, but only when the system is powered on.

---

In addition to this issue, I have been unable to sync Aura with my iCUE. My motherboard and GPU show up in iCUE just fine, though my AIO, RAM, and Strix LC fans (on rad) do not show up in iCUE.

---

If there is any additional information needed or specs needed. Please let me know, I am glad to help.

I built this system with the hopes of using iCUE for all RGB and monitoring purposes, seems like its possible, though I am the lucky one to have issues.

---

Any help or suggestions are welcome :biggrin:

iCUE will only control the motherboard and GPU. It won't control the AIO, RAM (non Corsair) or other devices connected to the motherboard's addressable RGB port.

You won't have RGB on the AIO with the system powered off. It's ... powered off. The CP doesn't get power when it's off. The motherboard can light up due to the +5V Standby Power supplied from the PSU but that's quite limited.

As for the LNC on the CP - that can happen if the headers are off. It's super-easy to do on the CoPro - have them off by 1 row. I'd check that first.

Hi DevBiker. I have double checked my LNC and CP ports again, the LNC is definitely plugged in correctly. I have tried using USB port 1 and USB port 2. My AIO usb is plugged into the CP and is working fine. Though when I plug in the LNC I get nothing up in iCUE.

I have tried doing a lighting setup from the CP in iCUE, instant lighting etc, nothing will change the QL fans.

Thanks for the fast response!