Corsair Community

Radiator orientation

Bennotae

I am running the H115i platinum AIO in a case in which the radiator is horizontal mounted along the long axis across the front of the case. Everything is working well but I have a question that has been nagging me in the back of my mind. In my situation the input/output hoses are orientated on the right side of the radiator. Thus one hose is above the other. I can reverse this orientation by rotating the radiator 180 degrees in the horizontal plain so that input/output hoses are on the left side. In only one orientation would the input hose be above the output hose, which would seem is the preferred position, with hot liquid flowing through the radiator from the top to the bottom output. My nagging question is that I do not see any marking on the radiator, hose, or pump to indicate which hose in the output and which is the input. So which is which?

Perhaps my assumptions of the water flow through the radiator are wrong. That it does not matter which hose in the input and which the output but I find that hard to believe.

Does anyone know if 1.) the horizontal orientation matters and 2.) which is the input and which is the output.

• Corsair Employee

if you feel the tubes, one side should be slightly warmer than the other. That should be the tube carrying hot fluid from the CPU to the radiator.

In theory, because there's only a small amount of liquid moving so quickly through the whole cooling setup, it shouldn't matter which is above the other.