Corsair Community

CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 X570 BSOD / Solved!

Thx Sir! you saved my day.... yesterday on a round halo wars suddenly my xmp profil on my x470 aorus gaming 7 wifi didnt work anymore and i got various bluescreens from memory management to kernel stuff... i dont know why but now it works again with the tRC timing of 56. i dont know why but it works. Thanks. i also dont understand why suddenly my xmp profile went crazy.

• 3 months later...
Running a Ryzen 7 3700X with a Gigabyte X570 Ultra and 5700XT GPU, 2x 16GB CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 and a 850 Corsair PSU.

Would like to hear if anyone using CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 on an AMD Ryzen build has similar issues and if the above fix solved any potential BSOD issues.

RBurgundy, legendary post that kept me from RMA'ing pretty much my whole system.

Slightly different build, Gigabyte X570 Gaming X, Ryzen 5 3600X, MSI 5700XT EVOKE.

Was running some yumcha Crucial 2666 sticks originally and then installed the same kit.

Everything was fine for quite a while and then the BSODs started. Ended up RMA'ing the first 5700XT EVOKE as system shutdown (forget BSOD, crash to black instead) after 20secs of Passmark GPU burn in. Reverted to good old EVGA 770GTX.

Then BSODs continued, reformat and reinstall, in the end gave up and put back in yumcha RAM, system was stable. Thought of RMA'ing the RAM, but waited for 3 weeks whilst testing that the thing was actually stable.

Then one Saturday night, took the plunge and put the Corsair kit back in, set your timings, and .... MemTest86 for 5 hours, no issues. Put back into real world service, and now this has been rock solid (touch wood) for almost as long as we've had Coronavirus restrictions in. (Oh and the 5700XT EVOKE is back in too!)

Thanks for doing the heavy lifting!

• 3 weeks later...
Running a Ryzen 7 3700X with a Gigabyte X570 Ultra and 5700XT GPU, 2x 16GB CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 and a 850 Corsair PSU.

Issue is that I can not get my system to run stable when I enable the XMP in BIOS. System runs great at 2133 but as soon as I enable XMP to get the 3200 speed I get random BSOD, sometimes when powering down or when watching YT. MemTest86 shows well over 200 errors after only 2 minutes!

- Did a clean Win install, with latest AMD drivers etc.

- Tried all different memory slots and combinations on the mainboard

- Used 2 another same set of ram sticks

- RMA'd the mainboard and memory

- Tried entering the memory timings by using the Ryzen DRAM calculator (every which way that I found on the www)

- Used the Corsair How-To-Guide for memory overclocking

- Enabled XMP manually set the Multiplier to 32 and Voltage to 1.35V

- Tried the above with High frequency support to Level 1

- Tried it in a number of different variations and suggestions in various forums

- Tried most of the above on BIOS with AGESA 1003 ABBA, AGESA 1004B and AGESA 1004B & SMU 46.54.0

Nothing did result in any 100% improvement with the constant occurring BSODs

So I reached out to on the Gigabyte Discord and got help from a user with the same issue :cool:

The following settings solved his issue:

- Enable XMP

- Set DRAM voltage manually to 1.35V

- Set RAM multiplier to 32x

- Set the first five subtimings manually to 16-18-18-18-36 (the same as XMP would) important!

- Set the sixth timing (tRC) to 56 instead of 54 as XMP would important!

Memory slots used: A2/B2

And it also worked for me!

System runs stable on 3200 without any BSOD.

Did a overnight MemTest86 and zero errors!

I believe it has something to do that the CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 is optimized for Intel and that maybe there is an issue with the XMP, that the values don't work with an AMD system.

Would like to hear if anyone using CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 on an AMD Ryzen build has similar issues and if the above fix solved any potential BSOD issues.

Update:

Latest BIOS Update from GB 10c did not resolve the issue with the XMP profile and BSOD if the timings are not entered manually.

Running stable on 10c with Win 10 v1909, overnight MemTest86 showed zero errors.

I made an account on this forum just to say this fixed my BSOD issues with my new memory, though my timings weren't the same I went ahead and just did +2 to my last timing and no more BSODs. Thank you for the clarity, lmk if I can buy you a drink.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a 2 stick kit of cmw16gx4m2c3200c16 tuf

And having bsod with xmp@3200mhz even with SocV@1,1 and Vdram@1,4 ... now it turn at 3000mhz with xmp timings but I will try the settings at the start of the treads to see if it works for me..

edit : Unfortunately It's not working even at 58 memtest from Ryzen Dram Calculator make a lot of errors in the first 20seconds... It work for me@stock voltage @3000Mhz

Edited by comtox

• 2 weeks later...

THANK YOU I've been ripping my hair out trying to figure this issue out. Getting every BSOD under the sun, to game crashes (Warzone), to Chrome crashes, constant restarting, to general system instability. When I finally did pinpoint the RAM as the issue after a memtest, this post was my salvation.

Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit (2 x 8GB)

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor

X570 AORUS PRO WIFI

Nvidia RTX 2060

The sweet spot for tRC = 55 (for me anyways)

TL;DR Bought QVL RAM with XMP Profiles that need some manual adjusting. Running a few days without issue.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I have a question for you. I know this thread has been pretty inactive for a while, but I haven't been able to fix my issue yet. I have the CMW32GX4M4C3200C16 RAM kit and I am running into the same issue on my Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite Wifi. I have tried to follow your guide and it does not work well for me. I have tried to adjust the timing based on what you have provided as possible solutions, but none of my trials have worked so far and I am getting pretty fed up at this point. I have messed with the voltage by adding up to 1.40V to see if that would fix it but no luck there. I am able to take 2 sticks out and leave in 2 and use the settings that you had recommend and I run into zero issues, but the second I add the 2 other sticks, it fails on me. I have also tried to use the Ryzen DRAM calculator and changed every single value and then tweaking based off those values and had no success. I'm not sure what else I can do except for getting a new RAM kit. If anyone has solved this issue with the 32GB 4x8GB kit please let me know. Any help would be appreciated and I am completely stuck at this point.

• 3 months later...
On 11/10/2019 at 5:19 AM, RBurgundy said:

Issue is that I can not get my system to run stable when I enable the XMP in BIOS. System runs great at 2133 but as soon as I enable XMP to get the 3200 speed I get random BSOD, sometimes when powering down or when watching YT. MemTest86 shows well over 200 errors after only 2 minutes!

- Did a clean Win install, with latest AMD drivers etc.

- Tried all different memory slots and combinations on the mainboard

- Used 2 another same set of ram sticks

- RMA'd the mainboard and memory

- Tried entering the memory timings by using the Ryzen DRAM calculator (every which way that I found on the www)

- Used the Corsair How-To-Guide for memory overclocking

- Enabled XMP manually set the Multiplier to 32 and Voltage to 1.35V

- Tried the above with High frequency support to Level 1

- Tried it in a number of different variations and suggestions in various forums

- Tried most of the above on BIOS with AGESA 1003 ABBA, AGESA 1004B and AGESA 1004B & SMU 46.54.0

Nothing did result in any 100% improvement with the constant occurring BSODs

So I reached out to on the Gigabyte Discord and got help from a user with the same issue 🆒

The following settings solved his issue:

- Enable XMP

- Set DRAM voltage manually to 1.35V

- Set RAM multiplier to 32x

- Set the first five subtimings manually to 16-18-18-18-36 (the same as XMP would) important!

- Set the sixth timing (tRC) to 56 instead of 54 as XMP would important!

Memory slots used: A2/B2

And it also worked for me!

System runs stable on 3200 without any BSOD.

Did a overnight MemTest86 and zero errors!

I believe it has something to do that the CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 is optimized for Intel and that maybe there is an issue with the XMP, that the values don't work with an AMD system.

Update:

Latest BIOS Update from GB 10c did not resolve the issue with the XMP profile and BSOD if the timings are not entered manually.

Running stable on 10c with Win 10 v1909, overnight MemTest86 showed zero errors.

I created my account just to say thanks to you. I purchased 3950x + gigabyte x570 ultra almost one year ago and could not make xmp work, until today when I tried a search and found your post.

You're truly my hero!

• 4 weeks later...