Corsair Community

Help needed choosing RAM

Triggerdust

Hello, I will be purchasing the Abit IC-7 Max3 mainboard and will be using it in a digital audio workstation. Because of this I am in need of the BEST most stable rock solid (ECC) and FASTEST Corsair memory available to me and the mainboard. I was looking at the TwinX1024-400pro (2 X CMX512-4000Pro). Is this a wise choice or would you recommend something else? thanks for your help!

[url=http://www2.abit.com.tw/test_report/IC7-MAX3/02.php]This[/url] is the memory QVL for your board. On there is listed CMX512-3200LL which is a good sign. However, the success rate of Pentium 4 CPU's running with ECC memory is dismal at best. I'd suggest you forgoe the ECC memory with that board and stick with unbuffered (non-ECC) memory. Unless, of course, you're going to go with a server board and an Intel Xeon, etc kind of CPU (probably costing much more than you want). The TwinX1024-3200LLPRO would be a good choice (especially if you have a clear/windowed case to appreciate the activity LEDs) or TwinX1024-3200LL (the non-PRO memory has the standard heat spreader (or PT=platinum colored) and no LEDs, but same memory). PLUR CK

Archived