Corsair Community

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB LED issue

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same thing here with 4 sticks of 3600cl16. One led will only show blue when set to static white. Honestly this is terrible product support. A known issue for a year with no fix, no recall, no pause on sales while issue is fixed. Highest end ram you sell and this is what we get?

Same problem. I picked up the CMT32GX4M4Z3200C16 about a month ago or so. It was working fine, but now the bottom LED on one of the sticks is a different color. I tried updating the firmware in icue, reinstalling icue and switching RAM slots, but did not fix the issue. I'm so disappointed as this is a near 5 grand build and it is a thorn in my eye.

Come on Corsair, give us an update on this fix. Is it a hardware or a software issue?

Mine just fixed by itself, I was playing a game, looked to the right and instead of green, it was yellow like it was suposed to be, from nothing. wtf?

So it MUST be something wrong with icue?

edit: nvm, I looked to my right again and its green once more, lmfao, it was fixed for like 10 mins, amazing

Edited by shadowht

• Corsair Employee

We're still looking into this right now, and don't have an update at this time. If you are experiencing LED issues and outside of the retailer return window, you can have the kit RMA'd through our support team:

https://support.corsair.com/

Once we have an update, we'll pass the information along to all of you.

Hello everyone, another person here with the same issue. While we wait for Corsair to fix this issue here is my situation. Running CMT64GX4M8C3200C16 something very odd, the icue has an option for 7 colors, one led like everyone else is not working with 4 colors: Red, Gold, Pink, White, but works properly with the other 3 colors.

Dominator.thumb.png.8a4c43491870dce3ca75699e0533d0c2.png

I got CMT32GX4M4C3600C18W last week and I installed them a few days ago. I immediately noticed that the DIMM that is most to the right had a pinkish hue when the RAM was set to white. But it didn't bother me that much. Today I noticed that the lowest LED on the most right DIMM is light blue when the RAM is set to white. So it seems like I have the issue that all the other people here have. It only started happening today, I'm sure it was the normal color yesterday.

I don't really want to trade in the RAM for a new set because I don't know if I will get the Samsung B-die version again then.

I just tested with a few colors. Red, blue, green, pink all look the same on all DIMMS. When I try yellow, the DIMM to the right is more orange looking and the lowest LED is green. It's strange that some colors are working correctly and some aren't.

Edited by SimoneNL

Just tried moving the stick to another slot...still happens to that stick and that specific LED.

Even if I get this replaced I'm not sure I can trust these sticks long term, and one LED failure literally ruins the look of some already kinda grossly overpriced RAM...

Edit: after playing with it some more, it would appear the red LED in that square has lost like 75% of its brightness and cannot mix colors accurately now. Seems like a hardware issue which is just fantastic.

Edited by Soulshot96

Final update from me for now...pushing on the bloody LED fixes it, though it is somewhat picky as playing with it after the fact can make it **** up again.

I'm going to monitor it and consider an RMA.

Not the build quality I expect from $894 USD RAM though.

Final update from me for now...pushing on the bloody LED fixes it, though it is somewhat picky as playing with it after the fact can make it **** up again.

I'm going to monitor it and consider an RMA.

Not the build quality I expect from $894 USD RAM though.

problems is, rma doesnt guarantee solving ****, a lot of people in this thread are already at the third rma and still with the same problem

Just another chiming in... 2 of the 3 sets of DDR4-4000 plat pro memory I've ordered have had various Red LEDs stop functioning. Very disappointing for this kind of spend!

I had 3 kits total, CMT32GX4M2K4000C19. In 1 of the kits, both sticks had red LEDs failed. RMAs that kit, got replacement. Now one of the red LEDs in the new kit has failed. So far one kit is standing strong but I'm watching it like a hawk.

Of course this is a software bug, that's why I'm not even stressing about returning these. What's the point. I'm starting to think that not even Corsair can fix this problem, or am I wrong Corsair? No pressure but clock is ticking.

Mine isn't/wasn't. I pushed on the top of the square that was dim and it brightened right up after 4 hours of software troubleshooting ...clearly a hardware issue in my case.

Same issue, extremely expensive memory... is there even a point to going through an RMA? Do they do cross shipping??

EDIT: I can confirm applying PHYSICAL pressure on the LED actually seems to fix it, but is it permanent?

Edited by Syranetic