Corsair Community

What is wrong with icue and the commander pro?

Trick0502

This was working great about two versions ago. Now it is a total mess. It crashes constantly and causes my mouse not to work. And now my fans just ramp up and down as they show and disappear in icue.

Any ideas?

I will post a video in the morning

Disappearing fans and loss of control is most often linked to another program attempting to read the Commander's data at the same time. This is easy to do if running HWiNFO, AIDA64, and other similar programs that are full spectrum monitoring. There are some things you can do to make them co-exist, if necessary.

I'm funning the Commander Pro and have no disconnects. That said, I'm only running a single USB device off it for aRGB purposes and no fans connected. Kind of a wasted use, but yeah.

That said, I've been running iCUE under Windows 10 for quite sometime for my RGB RAM, and H115i AIO cooler, and now my one Corsair RGB fan and never had crashing issues under Windows. Running the latest version - 3.27.68

Care to elaborate?

You have to prevent them from accessing the Corsair devices. In HWInfo, this is accomplished by going to the settings and, on the Safety Tab, unchecking "Corsair Link/Asetek Support". You should also disable the persistent driver.

Joining in on this, I have exactly the same problems. Disconnects everything and reconnects them within seconds, but it happens multiple times in an hour where sometimes it doesnt reconnect 4/6 of my devices. I am always keeping the keyboard and the Corsair RAM, but it doesnt recognize my mouse, headsetstand, lightning node core and the polaris mousemat. Hoping on a fix, because I have iCue disabled as it is, but would like to have my personal settings active again.

I am having sames issues. Mine will completely disconnect all USB items and reconnect them. Friend of mine is having the same issues as me. Completely crashes Windows 10 also. Only happened with the new ICUE.

Joining in on this, I have exactly the same problems. Disconnects everything and reconnects them within seconds, but it happens multiple times in an hour where sometimes it doesnt reconnect 4/6 of my devices. I am always keeping the keyboard and the Corsair RAM, but it doesnt recognize my mouse, headsetstand, lightning node core and the polaris mousemat. Hoping on a fix, because I have iCue disabled as it is, but would like to have my personal settings active again.

Presumably you are not using one of the mentioned monitoring programs and that discussion was tied to a key piece of the OP's description regarding "disappearing fans". Unfortunately, there are multiple possible causes of the USB disconnect/reconnect cycle and it is possible all three of you have different issues.

You do have a B450 MB and both that and the X570 AMD chipsets seem to have an issue with this. There are a lot of threads discussing the issue and many have resorted to an intermediary powered USB hub to bridge the MB and Corsair devices. Most people have been successful with it and many choose the NZXT model that is relatively inexpensive.

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks, that's really helpful advice. Gonna look into that, I have noticed that iCue and my MBs chip drivers arent the best of friends...

Presumably you are not using one of the mentioned monitoring programs and that discussion was tied to a key piece of the OP's description regarding "disappearing fans". Unfortunately, there are multiple possible causes of the USB disconnect/reconnect cycle and it is possible all three of you have different issues.

You do have a B450 MB and both that and the X570 AMD chipsets seem to have an issue with this. There are a lot of threads discussing the issue and many have resorted to an intermediary powered USB hub to bridge the MB and Corsair devices. Most people have been successful with it and many choose the NZXT model that is relatively inexpensive.

I bought new Corsair Virtuoso RGB headphones. After installing ICUE, anything that has audio settings would just lock up and crash. Skype would start up, but everything in the window would be un-clickable if I ever launched the audio settings. If I attempted to change the playback device in Overwatch to use the Virtuoso headset, Overwatch would freeze and crash. This also happened to the builtin windows 7 sound mixer.

Also, the wireless feature of the headset was unstable and the dongle would consistently flash red even when the wireless was functional.

I uninstalled ICUE, and now everything works correctly. The headset has no issues, I can manage my audio settings without applications locking up or crashing. The downside is I can't configure the headset without reinstalling ICUE, making the changes, and then uninstalling ICUE which causes the headset drivers to install, uninstall and reinstall automatically.

Any idea what is going on? ICUE literally made my computer feel like it had malware on it.

What's your board and chipset? I had an X99 motherboard with a dodgy USB controller (it had two - an Intel 3.1 controller and an Asmedia 3.0 controller). The Intel controller developed an unexplained fault where it wouldn't always properly run in xHCI mode, even the USB 2.0 ports.

Symptom was that I'd get complete disconnects and reconnects of all the USB devices on the root hub the Intel controller was powering, very similar to what you describe. I eventually found if I dropped that controller back to EHCI mode the problem went away. The Asmedia controller was always fine in xHCI mode.

Also check power drain on the bus. If you've recently started using more devices like bus-powered portable drives, you might be redlining the root hub's power delivery ability.

If all that checks out, sorry and I'l butt out ;):

I am having issues with iQUE and Commander Pro as well. I am not sure what causes this, but as my setup is, Commander Pro with 2x Lighting nodes connected so I can have up to 12 RGB at the same time, I have 9 LL120 fans and using the Lighting link to all my supported devices, like the keyboard (K70 MK2), AiO (H100i Platinum) mouse (glaive), mousepad (MM800), and headset(Void Pro). However, I only have RGB issues on fan 5 and 6, flickering and changing color randomly, this is not happening all the time, but sometimes. What can be the issue? All firmware and software are updated, and fans are working perfectly, this is just an RGB issue. Edited by Buzzwild
Additional info

I am having issues with iQUE and Commander Pro as well. I am not sure what causes this, but as my setup is, Commander Pro with 2x Lighting nodes connected so I can have up to 12 RGB at the same time, I have 9 LL120 fans and using the Lighting link to all my supported devices, like the keyboard (K70 MK2), AiO (H100i Platinum) mouse (glaive), mousepad (MM800), and headset(Void Pro). However, I only have RGB issues on fan 5 and 6, flickering and changing color randomly, this is not happening all the time, but sometimes. What can be the issue? All firmware and software are updated, and fans are working perfectly, this is just an RGB issue.

Fans flickering is not a good signal...

I think you must go through deep fan testing.

Baio

Hey, thanks for the answer, there is nothing wrong with the performance of the fans, just rgb.

No doubt about that... when a RGB fan goes faulty, it’s 99% on RGB side.

If I was in your shoes, I’d go through deep testing, remembering that RGB fans work in chain, so each fan passes the RGB signal to the next one.

So it’s possible that a faulty fan can light up properly but be unable to pass the signal, making the next one act weird even if it’s not broken.

Baio