Corsair Community

Fan LL120is not able to display pure white color

sinarca

It is most likely the effect of the light diffuser ring. It is not perfectly clear and has an opaque quality. “Pure white” is kind of a subjective thing anyway. Think how much debate goes into the proper white point for monitors/televisions. However, I do understand what you mean. I have a picture of a build from last year and the rings look perfectly white. Yet to the naked eye the white has a cooler tone. If you really look at it, that quality is there in all the colors. The HD fans do the “best” white because the frame is clear and without a diffuser. Of course as a result it throws a lot of light around in little spotlights. This the trade off for the more refined light scatter. The RAM does not appear to have the same diffuser.

You can try subtracting a point out of the Blue value for white and work down to give it a warmer tint. It won’t be miraculous, but you might find a happier mix.

Edited by c-attack

You can try subtracting a point out of the Blue value for white and work down to give it a warmer tint. It won’t be miraculous, but you might find a happier mix.

You are right !

If I use static color white, but with these values:

R = 255

G = 155

B = 100

I have a better result !

https://i.ibb.co/s6cZ0sx/IMG-20200406-154818.jpg

Thanks for suggestion :biggrin:

That's what you get with 255/155/100? Wow, I would expect that to fairly orange. Unfortunately I just took my LLs off and put my HDs on. This comes out creamsicle. I was thinking more like 255/255/230, but no matter. You obviously get the idea.

That's what you get with 255/155/100? Wow, I would expect that to fairly orange. Unfortunately I just took my LLs off and put my HDs on. This comes out creamsicle. I was thinking more like 255/255/230, but no matter. You obviously get the idea.

Yes, I confirm.

One hand washes the other :biggrin:

This is my iCue settings:

https://i.ibb.co/R9V3Fx5/i-CUE-settings.jpg

It look like light orange in the software, but in reality.....Fortunately not !