Corsair Community

Introducing CORSAIR 4000 Series Cases

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone,

As you may all know, we released some exciting cases – the 4000D, 4000D AIRFLOW, and iCUE 4000X. Each 4000 series case is distinctive in their own manner, but they all mutually feature easy cable management, exceptional airflow, and superb build quality. Here’s a few quick highlights:

• A minimalist solid steel front panel which offers superb durability and dedicated ventilation channels for proper airflow (4000D)
  • Steel front panel designed for those who want the most immaculate airflow (4000D AIRFLOW)
  • Tempered glass front panel to allow enthusiasts to show off their components and RGB lighting. Also offers dedicated ventilation channels for proper airflow (4000X)

Click the following for more information: 4000D, 4000D AIRFLOW, iCUE 4000X. We’ve put together a quick FAQ below.

Q: Will the RTX 30 series fit in this case?

A: The 4000 series cases are capable of supporting up to 360mm GPU length. For reference, NVIDIA’s Founders Editions would fit without any issue as their lengths are 313mm (RTX 3090), 285mm (RTX 3080), and 242mm (RTX 3070).

Q: Do these cases support mini-ITX motherboards?

A: Yes, the 4000 series cases are able to suit the following motherboard form factors: mini-ITX, micro-ATX, and ATX.

Q: What fans come with the cases?

A: The 4000D/4000D AIRFLOW both come with two 120mm AirGuide fans, while the 4000X comes with three AirGuide RGB fans.

Q: What is the difference between the 4000D and 4000X?

A: Aside from the transparent front panel, the 4000X is ARGB ready out of the box – equipped with three AirGuide RGB fans (vs. two non-RGB AirGuide fans on 4000D) and a Lighting Node CORE.

Let us know if you guys have any more questions or want to share any thoughts! Have you guys had the pleasure to build in one of these cases yet?

• 2 weeks later...
Just purchased and built in a 4000D Airflow today, where can I buy more of these 120mm AirGuide fans? I can't seem to find them at any retailers. I'm surprised at how quiet the 2 stock fans are, like how the black blades melt into the dark of the tinted glass panel, and I'd really like to add 2 more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Just purchased and built in a 4000D Airflow today, where can I buy more of these 120mm AirGuide fans? I can't seem to find them at any retailers. I'm surprised at how quiet the 2 stock fans are, like how the black blades melt into the dark of the tinted glass panel, and I'd really like to add 2 more.

Unfortunately the AirGuide fans aren't available separately - not to rule out the possibility they will, but details are scarce at the moment. Really glad to hear they've been serving you well however!

Will I be able to put a 280mm Aio in top? Unsure about radiador width can it be 30mm? running trident z.

Thank in advance.

Yes, the 4000 Series cases can accommodate 240mm/280mm radiators up top. If you're using a 280mm AIO, we recommend using low profile memory.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have almost finalized my gear and I would use 4000X, Asus Z490 with i9 and 4 X 8GB Vengeance PRO RGB. I want to go for H115i AIO at the top. Now, I read at few places that this would function and at few places it is written that these RAM sticks are too high for AIO at the top.

Has anyone build such a case with RAM and AIO on the top? I want to order the whole set up and would do it immediately after being sure about the space.

Thanks

• Confused 1

Thanks for sharing the picture.

It means, I can try to place H115i radiator (without fans) behind the front 3 X 120mm fans for pulling in air through the radiator. I can then put one 120mm at behind and put two RGB fans on the top.

I hope this is feasible and I can use Vengeance Pro RGB Ram sticks.

Thanks

Thanks for sharing the picture.

It means, I can try to place H115i radiator (without fans) behind the front 3 X 120mm fans for pulling in air through the radiator. I can then put one 120mm at behind and put two RGB fans on the top.

I hope this is feasible and I can use Vengeance Pro RGB Ram sticks.

Thanks

thats what i did. front mount the radiator and did a push/pull method. works great with no issues. only thing is that you wont be able to adjust the 24 pin panel for more cable clearance if you need to. but you can run it in the default position as is.

• 1 month later...
Top mounting an H115i will not clear the memory. The image below is with an H100i and it barely clears.

-base-4000d-airflow-config-Gallery-4000D-AF-BLACK-35.png_1200Wx1200H

Pardon my ignorance but, how does it fit a 240mm and not a 280mm radiator on top? According to the tech specs on Corsairs's website, the 280mm is longer and wider, but when it comes to thickness it is of the same size (27mm) as the 240mm one. Same with the 120mm and 140mm fans, both have 25mm thickness.

On a top mounted scenario, isn't thickness what defines how close the fans/radiator will be towards the memory?

I am legitemately interested in knowing this, as I'm considering getting a 4000x case as well as a 280mm (preferably) Cappelix AIO to mount on top of the case. Not a fan of front mounted AIOs.

Edited by InCrt

Because radiator is wider you wouldn't be able to fit RAM. In the picture you quoted 240mm radiator is almost touching RAM sticks.

Having same size AiO, same RAM and same cause I can assure you: bigger radiator won't fit in the top with ATX motherboard.

Because radiator is wider you wouldn't be able to fit RAM. In the picture you quoted 240mm radiator is almost touching RAM sticks.

Having same size AiO, same RAM and same cause I can assure you: bigger radiator won't fit in the top with ATX motherboard.

That does make sense, thannks for the clarification. Do you think the 240mm version will fit with Vengeance Pro sticks? I can't find their dimensions to compare the 2, but it looks like the Dominator might be smaller in comparison.

Top mounting an H115i will not clear the memory. The image below is with an H100i and it barely clears.

Hey Nick, hope you're ok. Will it work with the Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / iCUE-RGB / 360mm in the front with the tubes DOWN on a 4000X case?

I have pictures of my build with detailed spacing from Dominator RAM over at pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/6XNqqs

This seems that if Vengeance is not completely rectangular and higher than Dominator, you should be fine.

You can ask for dimensions for comparison in reddit support thread at r/corsair

According to this the Vengeance RGB are longer but not as taller as your Dominator, think it will fit?

• Confused 1

According to this the Vengeance RGB are longer but not as taller as your Dominator, think it will fit?

You will be perfectly fine. Longer is not an issue at all. They would have to be taller to not fit.

There is like 5 cm of space there for longer ram. Not that I can imagine something that long as it would block PCIex slot at the bottom.

You will be perfectly fine. Longer is not an issue at all. They would have to be taller to not fit.

There is like 5 cm of space there for longer ram. Not that I can imagine something that long as it would block PCIex slot at the bottom.

Awesome, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

• 2 weeks later...

my 4000D case seemed perfectly fine when I got it, but just today as I was sitting at the desk the GLASS PANEL EXPLODED ALL OVER MY DESK and scared the living crap out of me, my cat and my partner. Almost has a freaking heart attack.

What the heck, Corsair? This is the first case I've bought in YEARS and I was so excited, it looked like the best case ever in terms of airflow. Now i'm sitting here on my work laptop making forum accounts and disassembling my PC piece by piece and noticing how scraped up a lot of my components are.

Not a happy customer right now.

• 1 month later...
Any advice on how to get a hold of a spare glass front? I can't find them with any EU retailer.

Bump. Any official update on this? I can see the glass front panels are at least listed in Corsair's own web shop now, but still out of stock and no retailer that I can find lists them.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm Confused here. The below is sounding like a 280mm AIO Roof mounted wont fit in the 4000x case, but the promo video in this forum says it will.

Please clarify.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Corsair

Is there any chance a second USB3.0A port will be added (soon :-)) to the top panel of the 4000 series cases?

It is perfect in every other respect - just need a little more connectivity on the front for a HOTAS ...

Cheers

Doogz