Corsair Community

H150i PRO RGB + 6 fans.

djase

Hello,

I would like to connect 6 fans on my H150i PRO RGB, i.e. the 3 fans that come with the AIO + 3 ML 120 PRO RGB.

Having a Lian Li Dynamic with 9 LL120 already connected via a Commander pro, I don't want to add one more for the AIO.

So I was wondering if it was possible to connect the 6 AIO fans via a FANHUB Molex and connect the FANHUB to one of the plugs of the AIO 3-Way Splitter cable.

Cheers.

;):

dDL7w.jpg

wWv1R.jpg

I did exactly this last night, but with CoPro. Did the 3x ML120 kit on the front of case, then the radiator, then the 3x fans that came with the AIO. Commander Pro controlling the 3 inside ones and the rear fan. AIO controlling the front fans. Not 100% sure this is the right way to do it, but iCue is working great with it and things are cool/quiet.

I've done the same thing but using 3 Y splitters in the AIO's headers.

Works flawlessly.

Baio

I thought about using 3 Y splitters but I don't know if the AIO will be able to handle 3 ML 120 pro RGB + all 3 included with the AIO.

Can you confirm that there are no problems?

I confess I'm afraid to use my fanhub bought at aliexpress. :p:

Cheers.

Edited by djase

Does this show the H150i in iCue with 6 fans or 3 fans? I'm curious if you still get individual control of them.

if using a fan hub, it's 1 fan in iCue. If using splitters it's 3 fans for dual splitters and 2 fans for triple splitters. You really do not need individual fan control on a radiator tho.

if using a fan hub, it's 1 fan in iCue. If using splitters it's 3 fans for dual splitters and 2 fans for triple splitters. You really do not need individual fan control on a radiator tho.

Valid point. I need to look at it as just one cooling device so it's not like you would want one fan going faster than another.

I thought about using 3 Y splitters but I don't know if the AIO will be able to handle 3 ML 120 pro RGB + all 3 included with the AIO.

Can you confirm that there are no problems?

I confess I'm afraid to use my fanhub bought at aliexpress. :p:

Cheers.

No issue with the 3 AIO’s fans and 3 QL.

Baio

Even at full speed?.

I use a very conservative custom curve, but if I set the fans to "Extreme" I can see them raising to 1600rpm, which is the target speed for the ML fans that come with the AIO.

QL fans are rated to 1500rpm max, so I supposed they also reach their maximum speed.

The Y splitters have a 4 pin header (master) and a 3 pin one (slave), the slave header lets tha fan act like the master one, so you only have to watch out not to plug a faster fan into the slave header, just to avoid waste the extra speed.

Obviously fans with similar speeds are better.

Baio

I use a very conservative custom curve, but if I set the fans to "Extreme" I can see them raising to 1600rpm, which is the target speed for the ML fans that come with the AIO.

QL fans are rated to 1500rpm max, so I supposed they also reach their maximum speed.

The Y splitters have a 4 pin header (master) and a 3 pin one (slave), the slave header lets tha fan act like the master one, so you only have to watch out not to plug a faster fan into the slave header, just to avoid waste the extra speed.

Baio

I confess I'm confused with all these different opinions.

I am told that one can do like this and others that not because it would go beyond 2A.

Edited by djase

I confess I'm confused with all these different opinions.

I am told that one can do like this and others that not because it would go beyond 2A.

yes and yes.

you can do it with splitters

you shouldn't exceed the current rating of the aio

in case of ML120s you'll draw 6x0,225A = 1,35A

check the specs according to the fans you're using, but there is not a single fan of my knowledge, that would be able to get over the 2A with 6 of them. If you REALLY want to make sure, get a powered fan header.

as for full speed fans, it doesn't matter. there's 8-10%+- tolerance usually. it's not going to harm the fan, if it's running a little faster when set to 100%. there is always fluctuation and the readings you get in you system aren't always that accurate in the first place.

Baio

Now I'm curious about how I should actually be doing my push/pull on h150i. I've got the three ML120 Pro RGB on the front of case (push) controlled by the h150i, and then the three ML120 that came with the h150i on the inside (pull) controlled by the CoPro for the moment.

If I did three Y-splitters, I assume I would do the top/middle/bottom pairs, but which would be the master?

Now I'm curious about how I should actually be doing my push/pull on h150i. I've got the three ML120 Pro RGB on the front of case (push) controlled by the h150i, and then the three ML120 that came with the h150i on the inside (pull) controlled by the CoPro for the moment.

If I did three Y-splitters, I assume I would do the top/middle/bottom pairs, but which would be the master?

it doesn't matter at all how you plug them in since they will most likely all run with the same rpm setting anyways. but if you want to make cable management a bit more clean and easy, combine 1 push and 1 pull each

As Infin1tum wrote, there's no need to match the fans in pairs, it will work anyway.

I've plugged the fans from the AIO in the master header of the splitters and the QL in the slave, pairing each couple left-center-right (I have the AIO on the roof of the case).

Baio

Cool thanks for the tips. I noticed in iCue that the fan curve for the H150i goes by %, but the CoPro fans go by RPM. This got me thinking that it may be better to have them all on the same page.

Now I just need to order some Y splitters and call it a day. :sunglasse

Cool thanks for the tips. I noticed in iCue that the fan curve for the H150i goes by %, but the CoPro fans go by RPM. This got me thinking that it may be better to have them all on the same page.

Now I just need to order some Y splitters and call it a day. :sunglasse

You can both set all in % o RPM, but I don't think it's something mandatory.

Baio

I was looking for an option to change between RPM or % but couldn't find it. On AIO custom fan curve it was only %, and CoPro custom fan curve it was only RPM. Not a big deal though. The Y splitters get delivered today and all six fans will be on the same page soon enough.

I was looking for an option to change between RPM or % but couldn't find it. On AIO custom fan curve it was only %, and CoPro custom fan curve it was only RPM. Not a big deal though. The Y splitters get delivered today and all six fans will be on the same page soon enough.

On both my AIO and CoPro, i can choose between rpm and/or %.

Dxv48.jpg

WoQpD.jpg

So if I understood, I can buy 3 more ll120 fans and plug them with Y splitters to my h150i pro with no problem ?

It will work for RPM management.

For RGB management it depends on your actual configuration... if you already have LL fans connected to a LNP with 3 spare ports, it will work. Otherwise you'll need other stuff.

Baio