The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2017, 05:05 PM

POST ID # = 901992
bazampi Reputation: 10
Default Scimitar pro - scroll wheel issue

I've had a total of 4 or 5 mouses over the last 10 years and the only reason I have replaced them is simply because it would upgrade my current mouse, never because it was broken or stopped working fortunately. However, this March I finally decided to upgrade to a RPG mouse with Corsair's Scimitar Pro and I pretty much loved it. I was introduced to a world of infinite keybinds and it worked perfectly. That is until yesterday when the scroll wheel stopped working. The wheel click still works perfectly fine, it's the scrolling I can no longer do. I looked for a fix online which apparently requires me to open up the mouse. I've ordered a mini screwdriver kit so I can check to see if by getting in there I can fix the problem.

I'm just upset that I've had this mouse for less than three months and it's already breaking down on me.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:16 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 902000
terabyte Reputation: 73

Don't open it or you'll void the warranty. Your best option is to open an RMA ticket and get Corsair to replace it.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:22 PM

POST ID # = 902010
bazampi Reputation: 10

decided against trying to repair it myself. I submitted an RMA ticket with Corsair so hopefully I hear back from them real soon. My only concern now is if it's going to break again in another three months.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:38 PM

POST ID # = 934343
219GamingDOTcom Reputation: 10
Sigh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazampi View Post
I've had a total of 4 or 5 mouses over the last 10 years and the only reason I have replaced them is simply because it would upgrade my current mouse, never because it was broken or stopped working fortunately. However, this March I finally decided to upgrade to a RPG mouse with Corsair's Scimitar Pro and I pretty much loved it. I was introduced to a world of infinite keybinds and it worked perfectly. That is until yesterday when the scroll wheel stopped working. The wheel click still works perfectly fine, it's the scrolling I can no longer do. I looked for a fix online which apparently requires me to open up the mouse. I've ordered a mini screwdriver kit so I can check to see if by getting in there I can fix the problem.

I'm just upset that I've had this mouse for less than three months and it's already breaking down on me.

Yep, me too. I DID take it apart, and let me say good luck. The shaft on the left side of the mouse wheel that controls the scrolling gear is 1.3mm and cheap. The shaft broke inside the gear. For what I paid for this mouse, and the pressure that you put on the center button/wheel while gaming..this should have been metal. I have a corsair power supplies in 2 servers and 2 main production machines, Corsair Cases on all 4 and corsair fans... I had two fans die on me last week due to blades snapping off. I had never seen that before. I guess I need to rethink my brand loyalty. :-/

Old 06-23-2018, 08:15 AM
Mr Reserved's PC Specs

POST ID # = 960437
Mr Reserved Reputation: 10
Default I tried it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 219GamingDOTcom View Post
Yep, me too. I DID take it apart, and let me say good luck. The shaft on the left side of the mouse wheel that controls the scrolling gear is 1.3mm and cheap. The shaft broke inside the gear. For what I paid for this mouse, and the pressure that you put on the center button/wheel while gaming..this should have been metal. I have a corsair power supplies in 2 servers and 2 main production machines, Corsair Cases on all 4 and corsair fans... I had two fans die on me last week due to blades snapping off. I had never seen that before. I guess I need to rethink my brand loyalty. :-/
I also attempted to take the mouse apart since I couldn't find my receipt from when I purchased it around 1 year ago.
Needless to say I had the same problem where the plastic broke off in the gear. I have another friend who uses the same mouse and says he has a very similar issue. After looking through some forums and other posts, it seems to be a very common issue with the yellow edition of the Scimitar but does not occur with the black edition (I am not familiar with the differences between the 2). In all honesty this issue could easily be avoided if they made the MMB click and scroll metal instead of plastic because others said they had an issue with it pressing down as well.

Back to my attempt to fix the issue. So far I manage to get the broken piece out from the gear and have glued it back onto the mouse wheel. Currently I am going to wait a little while before attempting to insert the piece again because I fear it will just brake off since there is no easy way to reinsert the mouse wheel back in the gear. If not, I may simply slice off the end and the reattach it after it's already in the gear wheel.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:44 PM

POST ID # = 1015067
Nicodore Reputation: 10

I have had 3 of these and its the third time it happens. Unfortunately the last one was out of warranty and I bough a new one 3 months ago. I can't believe it also lasted this little. I just suubmitted the RMA ticket but right there you can see I already went through this process once. It sucks.

Old 10-21-2019, 02:39 AM
K75's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021916
K75 Reputation: 10
Default gj corsair /s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Reserved View Post
I also attempted to take the mouse apart
(...) Currently I am going to wait a little while before attempting to insert the piece again because I fear it will just brake off since there is no easy way to reinsert the mouse wheel back in the gear.
How did things go?

Some pics illustrating (de)construction (and possibly source of issue) could really help others that (will) have this problem with their Scimitar. Mine (that already came from RMA; the first one got the left click-doubleclick issue) suddenly stopped scrolling this weekend. And I do mean suddenly. Had not been playing any game or doing any hardcore stuff other than scrolling text documents and webpages. Then, completely random use of the mouse, upon scrolling I felt the slight resistance the wheel normally has, had simply gone just like that (and no more scroll). I've remapped two side buttons for scroll up and down, but obviously that's bandaiding a ruined functionality for otherwise an as good as new mouse.