Corsair Community

Question: Switching Between Audio Devices.

chrischoi

I just got my Vengeance 2000 in and I love it so far.

Right now it's plugged in and I have it turned off.

How do I switch the audio setting back to my Sound Card / Speakers without unplugging the USB dongle? I thought turning it off would just revert it back to my speakers. :(

Is there a way? I played with Windows Sound and It can test it through the card and speakers but when I go back to the game or any music/video... nothing. Changing it defaults back to the headset.

This is the headset turned off and dongle connected.

You can see it tries to play it through the headset.

I searched online quick and skimmed through the forums and manual. I guess I missed something. The only thing I saw was a request was forwarded to place some type of option for this in upcoming software updates. Help please! :)

I guess I am going to be forced to download http://soundswitch.codeplex.com/?

Since the sound settings don't stick.

Thank you everyone! Corsair and company.

Control Panel -> Sound.

Depending on what you're playing sound in (e.g. Diablo III), if you change the audio device while in the middle of a game, the game may not know that you've changed it and as such will still push sound out to that device.

Control Panel -> Sound.

Depending on what you're playing sound in (e.g. Diablo III), if you change the audio device while in the middle of a game, the game may not know that you've changed it and as such will still push sound out to that device.

Thanks for the quick response. I did and it's not the game noticing the switch, it's Windows. Once I set it to my sound card and I test the changing of volume it dings. So I assume it works. I close it... still stuck on head set.

I downloaded SoundSwitch and it seems find. Seems way easier than settings and it works. Maybe it's my sound card? I got a Asus Essence STX. Wah wah. :)

Thanks again!

I'll start over, as I am thoroughly confused at this point. Lol.

Before the Vengeance 2000, I ran my sound via soundcard / speakers and a Logitech G330 headset.

Before it all defaulted to the soundcard / speakers. If I wanted to use the headset, I just plug it in. Done.

After the Vengeance 2000 came in. The soundcard / speakers before I plugged in the Vengeance 2000.

So it was stuck on defaulting to the Vengeance 2000 and there was no way of reverting back to the speakers. I wanted to revert back to the speakers while leaving the Vengeance 2000 / dongle plugged in.

I found SoundSwitch and it did just that...

Until... I was on soundcard / speakers, I switched to the headset...

Game was playing on the soundcard / speakers and my music was playing through the headset. :confused:

I hope I was able to explain my situation well enough. I'm not really the best at doing so.

So the only way to disable it and revert back to sound card and speakers is to unplug it?

You should change your name to Wireless. ;)

Simply right click your speaker icon in the systray, and choose "playback devices." Then, when you see the control panel applet pop up, right click the audio device you want to use, and choose set as default. You can have both in your system enabled. I have two sound cards and a headset in mine.

sure, but the way I explained takes a few less steps, depends on how you look at it.

And I've tried to do it that way as well countless times. The settings won't "stick". They keep reverting back and defaulting to the headset.

Is there a way? I played with Windows Sound and It can test it through the card and speakers but when I go back to the game or any music/video... nothing. Changing it defaults back to the headset.

Thanks for the quick response. I did and it's not the game noticing the switch, it's Windows. Once I set it to my sound card and I test the changing of volume it dings. So I assume it works. I close it... still stuck on head set.

So it was stuck on defaulting to the Vengeance 2000 and there was no way of reverting back to the speakers. I wanted to revert back to the speakers while leaving the Vengeance 2000 / dongle plugged in.

As I've mentioned before, there is no way the settings will stick. There is no OK, Accept, Apply button. I really don't want to disable and re-enable the soundcard / headset every time I switch back and forth. I don't want to unplug the dongle either. It doesn't seem like a crazy futuristic option. I'm pretty sure everyone else wouldn't mind a on/off button in their task bar.

For $150, I am sad. I guess I'll stick with the hotkeys / quick switch option until something better comes out.

Thanks!

• Corsair Employee

If i'm understanding correctly the type of setting you are looking for would need to be provided from Microsoft.

The easiest way I have found is just to go into sound properties. in the OS, and set the driver and default when you want to use it. All it does is require a right click, set as default.

Archived