Corsair Community

Completely Gutted...1500's are awful

Redeye7

So my old surround sound headphones finally died. Tom's hardware recommended the 1500, and they are usually spot on, so I gave it a shot.

They just arrived an hour ago.

I'm speechless. Bass is non-existent, even on the 'Bass' profile. Adjusting the EQ seems to have almost no effect.

I can't possibly believe this is intended...

It's quite literally the tinniest, worst sounding headset i've ever had the bad luck to put on. I can't figure out why on earth this has such good ratings.

And also no, I am not an audio engineer. I don't fully understand the EQ...but adjusting the sliders doesn't have any real effect at all, even after reading all the stickied topics about it. What can I do, anything? It's just....terrible!

Sorry for the gripe fest but I was really looking forward to these, and to hear what is coming out of the speakers just makes me want to cry.

My daughter has a clock radio the size of a soda can that has better sound...

No I don't think he does. The view is shared by many on the 1500's including myself, which is the reason I returned my pair and got another pair of 930's.

The bass on the 1500's is terrible. Especially if you are used to using something like the 930's/G35.

Archived