Corsair Community

Issue with Software 2.0.35

Wolverine690

I had posted a comment in the thread for that software version, but as of yet have not gotten any responses.

I just received my new Vengeance 1500 Headset & installed the software discussed in this thread & doesn't work at all. It loads up but I can't access it at all. I can see the icon in the system tray but no options other then exit (other options are greyed out) and double clicking on it does nothing. I've uninstalled & reinstalled it 3 times no luck.

Using Windows 7 64bit

I've tried to install using the run as admin which I couldn't get that option for the install process, however once install I did try & run as admin & still would not run properly.

Anyone have any suggestions/ideas?

Open Device Manager, are there any errors listed that are related to the V1500?

Have you tried a different USB port?

No, no errors there & yes I have going to re-arrange other USB stuffs & try other ones... also going to try something else I saw in another thread.

Edit- So tried other ports still same issue, USB device is showing as unknown device.

So I've tried older Corsair Drivers 2.0.26 and get same issue. I've tried current drivers on another machine I have & pretty much same issue, however in device manager it shows up as the Vengeance 1500 but still doesn't work & the software still doesn't respond.

So do I have a bad headset or issue with their software or both?

Latest chipset drivers and BIOS?

Make sure Windows has the correct driver installed for the headset. (Driver Version 1.0.30)

Device Manger>Expand the Sound... tree>Right click V1500>Properties>Driver.

If its not correctly installed, click update driver>browse my computer>browse>locate the driver folder in the install folder e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Gaming Headset Software\Driver > next. Then make sure the correct driver is used and re-plug the headset in. Can you open the software now?

Latest chipset drivers and BIOS?

Make sure Windows has the correct driver installed for the headset. (Driver Version 1.0.30)

Device Manger>Expand the Sound... tree>Right click V1500>Properties>Driver.

If its not correctly installed, click update driver>browse my computer>browse>locate the driver folder in the install folder e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Gaming Headset Software\Driver > next. Then make sure the correct driver is used and re-plug the headset in. Can you open the software now?

Yes and yes, windows did not, and couldn't find anything that would work including corsair drivers 2 versions mentioned above as well as I tried the Razer Surround thing and while that detected the headset more so then anything else I still got no sound & errors everytime I tried to test sound & what not.

When trying to update driver and select the corsair drivers I'd get an error saying I need to select drivers for my system that support 64bit. It seems like the drivers are reading as 32bit? and in the driver thing its showing Windows NT for the driver from corair.

Anyhow I'm RMA'ing this pair I've spent way to much time trouble shooting these thing on 3 different machines with the same result they are not working.

Thanks for the help.

It sounds more like a Windows issue with it not finding the correct driver for the headset. But it may be a headset issue as well. You can try manually installing the x64 bit drivers and see if that helps.

If you want to replace the headset, Contact your seller first to replace the headset as it may be the fastest way to receive a replacement.

It sounds more like a Windows issue with it not finding the correct driver for the headset. But it may be a headset issue as well. You can try manually installing the x64 bit drivers and see if that helps.

If you want to replace the headset, Contact your seller first to replace the headset as it may be the fastest way to receive a replacement.

If it was on 1 pc... may 2... but I ended up testing on 4 different machines with same results. I did try & manually do the drivers as well & no luck. Thanks for the help. I have rma'd them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my replacement headset last night, installed software and connected the headset & "IT LIVES"!!!!!! lol

I really didn't get to test it much beyond seeing the software work & running a test on it as was dinner time & family was waiting for me.lol But I plan to run it through some gaming this afternoon after work. Thanks all for the help.

Archived