Corsair Community

Air 540 V2 ?

Dicehunter

@Corsair

An idea for an updated Air 540 seeing as though it's still in stock pretty much everywhere so you know it's popular, I know you guys brought out the 680X and 740 but these were not good replacements for the 540, The 740 was just fugly as hell and the 680X while it looks gorgeous has some of the worst airflow of any case around as well as a fair few flat out weird design choices that make no logical sense, I have one and would like to replace it.

Get the Air 540 design you have now and just build on it, And please do not get the people who designed the 680X involved...

• Get rid of the SSD mounts on the bottom of the case and have spaces for 2 x 140mm fans and 1 x 280mm fan filter that can be externally slid out to clean.

• Replace the acrylic side window with tempered glass.

• Update the cases IO with USB type c.

• Add captive thumb screws to both left and right side panels.

• Make the top and front of the case easier to remove to be able to clean the dust filters, Like the 540 but no screws.

There we go, That's it don't touch anything else, Don't change the general design, Worthy replacement for the epic Air 540, You wouldn't even have to change the name much, Call it the Air 540V2, I'd buy that instantly.

Edited by Dicehunter