Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2019, 07:52 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018546
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Yetu VI View Post
It is 4299 rmp! Miraculously high!!
That is the pump speed on your H60 and the new 2018 version is similar. In order to offer better performance on a small surface area radiator, the pump speed needed to be faster. A H80i v2 has a max pump speed of around 3000 rpm.

I don't have any data on the H60 with those processors, but it is likely out there somewhere. Regardless, it is certainly functional and will not overheat. Larger radiators allow you to run lower fan speeds. Smaller radiators may require it.

Old 09-18-2019, 11:58 AM

POST ID # = 1018572
Baba Yetu VI Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
That is the pump speed on your H60 and the new 2018 version is similar. In order to offer better performance on a small surface area radiator, the pump speed needed to be faster. A H80i v2 has a max pump speed of around 3000 rpm.
Yes, and I can't really hear it, probably other ambient noise in my room has superseded it.

Quote:
I don't have any data on the H60 with those processors, but it is likely out there somewhere. Regardless, it is certainly functional and will not overheat. Larger radiators allow you to run lower fan speeds. Smaller radiators may require it.
I will read some reviews to get that sorted. Nevertheless, I may try Air cooler also because if I upgrade my system to AMD, then I will use the stock cooler. Difficult to decide between Intel and AMD though...

Thanks very much c-attack for helping me out!

Old 09-25-2019, 08:39 AM

POST ID # = 1019228

Hi c-attack,

could you possible confirm that the H60 fits the LGA 1151 socket?

Old 09-25-2019, 05:07 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019268
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

It does. All Corsair AIO will fit all Intel 115x sockets with the included mount.

Old 09-25-2019, 10:38 PM
HydroX Success Story
Zone55555's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019291
Zone55555 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Yetu VI View Post
Hi c-attack,

could you possible confirm that the H60 fits the LGA 1151 socket?
https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Catego...tab-tech-specs

Tech specs tab - lists 1151 compatibility

Old 09-27-2019, 04:22 PM

POST ID # = 1019418

Quote:
It does. All Corsair AIO will fit all Intel 115x sockets with the included mount.
Thanks! I was checking the website yesterday and it didn't say 1151 so I was worried.

1st question: as I mentioned before, my motherboard is the old P8Z77-I Deluxe which provides only 1 CPU fan header and 1 Chassis fan header, so when I install the pump, by common sense I will connect the fan 4-pin cable to the CPU fan header. But I know there is a pump fan lead cable, to where I should hook it up??

I got this image from guru3d review of the H60img_0416_guru3d.jpg. My motherboard doesn't have the CPU_OPT header. What do I do?

2nd question: I read some reviews (one from guru3d) which gives highly praised remarks to the fan which comes with the AIO LCS. Could you provide me with the exact model number of that fan? The reason I ask is because I am going to upgrade my case, which has four fan positions (1 at the front, 2 at the top). I want to purchase 4 of these fans. And if I use DC (because I have only 1 fan header on the motherboard) to connect them, they will run at their max rpm 1700 rpm, would the noise will be quite noticeable when four of them are running at the same time?

Thanks for the reply in advance.

Last edited by Baba Yetu VI; 09-27-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Old 09-27-2019, 04:22 PM

POST ID # = 1019419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone55555 View Post
https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Catego...tab-tech-specs

Tech specs tab - lists 1151 compatibility
Thanks a million for your help. really appreciate.

Old 09-28-2019, 12:38 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019449
DevBiker Reputation: 88

1) Plug the fan header into the CPU Fan header and set it to full power. The pump fan lead does this too ... but you'll get a CPU Fan warning. Putting it on the CPU header will give you that warning in the event of pump failure. This is covered in the liquid cooler FAQ - I suggest you give that a read.

2) What fans are you referring to? I'm not sure what "AIO LCS" is. If you are looking for the fans that come with the H80iV2, you really don't want them as case fans. They are LOUD. TBH, a lot of folks don't want them as radiator fans either, though they are quite powerful. The ML series fans are good drop-in replacements and are much, much, much quieter.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 09-28-2019, 02:59 AM

POST ID # = 1019454

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
1) Plug the fan header into the CPU Fan header and set it to full power. The pump fan lead does this too ... but you'll get a CPU Fan warning. Putting it on the CPU header will give you that warning in the event of pump failure. This is covered in the liquid cooler FAQ - I suggest you give that a read.
There are two and only two fan headers on my motherboard, it's named as CPU_FAN and CHA_FAN. I am using the first gen H60, and it has a cable coming from the pump which I have connected to the CPU_FAN and that's it, no power cable. I suppose the CPU_FAN header is supplying all is needed to drive the pump. For CHA_FAN, currently I have it connected to one of my chassis fan. The fan attached to the radiator is connected to direct current cable which means FULL speed.

Do you mean I should connect the pump cable to the CPU_FAN, if yes, will that damage the bump, that's all I want to know coz I don't want to damage the pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
2) What fans are you referring to? I'm not sure what "AIO LCS" is. If you are looking for the fans that come with the H80iV2, you really don't want them as case fans. They are LOUD. TBH, a lot of folks don't want them as radiator fans either, though they are quite powerful. The ML series fans are good drop-in replacements and are much, much, much quieter.
I am referring to the fan that comes with the package. Is it the same as the ones come with the H80iV2, as loud as those?