Corsair Community

Have issues? Unofficial FAQ and Quick Fix Guide

Inheritance

whats your OS, waht version of CUE, and have you checked for bios and chipset updates?

Windows 10 Pro, Latest CUE, and I have an update pending for BIOS but would rather not do it at this point, because I don't have money to replace mobo if it gets bricked.

:/

It worked flawlessly before without bios/chipset updates.. Not sure what happened to make it do this.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Windows 10 Pro, Latest CUE, and I have an update pending for BIOS but would rather not do it at this point, because I don't have money to replace mobo if it gets bricked.

:/

It worked flawlessly before without bios/chipset updates.. Not sure what happened to make it do this.

most likely a windows update. Their getting really buggy with them now.

Try uninstalling CUE and then go to regedit and search for Corsair delete everything that pertains to CUE, go to device manager and remove the everything under HID and keyboard. Other then that i would do the bios update

Edited by Inheritance

• 3 weeks later...
Hiya!

Will any of the Corsair keyboards store macros on the KB itself and NOT require CUE to utilize said macros?

Thanks!

That's not really a question for an unofficial FAQ thread. Anyway any CUE enabled device right now does not store the macros locally on the device itself.

If that will change in the future? Only Corsair knows.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't see any firmware updates in the download section... So I guess it is safe to assume that all K70 [non RGB] keyboards with the latest Corsair logo also have the latest firmware installed?

Yup. They havent released a firmware update for the non RGB version in quite some time.

Is 1.30 the newest version of the firmware for a K65 RGB besides the 2.04? I see a reference to 1.33 but can't find any downloads. I would love to have to version just prior to the 2.04 release.

No 1.30 is really old, I think the last last public release before 2.04 was 2.00. There are no downloads for 1.33 no one from Corsair has uploaded them.

Edited by Inheritance

No 1.30 is really old, I think the last last public release before 2.04 was 2.00. There are no downloads for 1.33 no one from Corsair has uploaded them.

Ok, thanks. I will contact support and maybe they will be kind enough to provide it.

if they dont PM me and ill ask someone else. But they should, their usually pretty good about helping however possible.

I was given a copy of 1.33 (attached) and that works fine and also works with the unofficial Mac driver where 2.04 does not at all.

Did learn how to extract a copy of the existing installed firmware though and replace it if CUE isn't working:

1. Unplug the keyboard.
  2. Push the pin hole button on the back of the keyboard next to the latency switch and hold.
  3. Then plug in keyboard and let go of button.
  4. Computer should detect keyboard as removable drive.
  5. Open it up and delete current firmware, then drag and drop new firmware in.
  6. Unplug and replug keyboard.

K65RGB_BLD012_App133RC.bin.zip

Hi, yesterday i bought k65 rgb tenkeyless and connected it via usb 3.0 with the cable that had keyboard print on it.

Downloaded drivers and CUE. CUE recognizes my keyboard and when i push buttons on lightning section it recognizes them as well. The problem here is that i cant type anything and i tried to download new usb drivers as well and booted my pc couple times. Does someone know what should i do?

So my K95 macros no longer work and occasionally crashes the software, simple ones like press "LMB then Enter", I'm guessing this is the new firmware's doing?

Anyone got the previous one?

The first post in this thread has the 1.30 FW but 1.33 was the version right before the most recent version, 2.04.

The first post in this thread has the 1.30 FW but 1.33 was the version right before the most recent version, 2.04.

Thx, I guess it'll have to do for now :)

Love the keyboard and I use the macro-keys a lot, so I hope they'll fix it fast.

Thx, I guess it'll have to do for now :)

Love the keyboard and I use the macro-keys a lot, so I hope they'll fix it fast.

You can submit a ticket to Corsair and they might send you the 1.33 version. I had lots of issues at first with the 2.04 FW so I submitted a ticket to Corsair and their support attached the 1.33FW for the K65 to the ticket.

Hello,

I have this keyboard, http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-k70-fully-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-anodized-black-na-layout

I used the plug-and-play feature when i got it, without CUE. It was working fine till a couple days ago while playing game, the keys stop responding in mid play. Only the scroll thing for the volume is still functioning.No other keys work. I've searched the web and tried all methods that I came upon, none had worked. Installing CUE (latest and old) none detected my keyboard. I've also tried the switch on the back, none of the modes help. Most sources seem to suggest I need to reinstall firmware, but I can't do that when CUE won't detect my device. Please help. Thanks.

PS

Here is the log in the attachment if it will help.

log.txt

Edited by Jammys
adding log

Hello,

I have this keyboard, http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-k70-fully-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-anodized-black-na-layout

I used the plug-and-play feature when i got it, without CUE. It was working fine till a couple days ago while playing game, the keys stop responding in mid play. Only the scroll thing for the volume is still functioning.No other keys work. I've searched the web and tried all methods that I came upon, none had worked. Installing CUE (latest and old) none detected my keyboard. I've also tried the switch on the back, none of the modes help. Most sources seem to suggest I need to reinstall firmware, but I can't do that when CUE won't detect my device. Please help. Thanks.

PS

Here is the log in the attachment if it will help.

Contact Corsair Support and ask for a hard firmware reset. You dont need CUE for that.

Contact Corsair Support and ask for a hard firmware reset. You dont need CUE for that.

Thanks zheren,

Would you mind direct me how to contact them? How would they do a hard firmware reset? I read a few posts back on this page that mentioned a pin size hole (I assumed that was for hard fw reset) but I was unable to locate it.

Thanks.

Thanks zheren,

Would you mind direct me how to contact them? How would they do a hard firmware reset? I read a few posts back on this page that mentioned a pin size hole (I assumed that was for hard fw reset) but I was unable to locate it.

Thanks.

this is the support site https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp

you will need to make a new account and submit a ticket.

• 5 weeks later...