Corsair Community

M90 issues in Windows 10.

otchiver

Hi,

Anyone having issues getting Buttons to work in any game for Windows 10?

I upgraded last night, and none of my preconfigured buttons on my mouse that worked in Windows 7, worked in Windows 10 in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Any help would be useful.

I tried ripping the drivers out, and reinstalling them. Reconfiguring my mouse 2 times and uninstalling HID components, but i was unable to use them all night long.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having the same issue with the M65. Regular functions like R/L click and Forward/Back work fine, but macros or buttons bound to keystrokes (I bind a mouse button to a keystroke to use in TeamSpeak) do not work whatsoever. I also tried reinstalling both the drivers and the "M65 Mouse Configuration" software but nothing worked. The mouse worked fine before upgrading to Windows 10 yesterday.

Does anyone have a reason why?

M65 RGB user here too. I've just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last night. The default button map works fine but changing any of the buttons like the Back/Forward/Sniper does not work. I love setting my sniper button as middle click and 2 spares as M1/M2. Anyone else having issues remapping mouse buttons?

M95 here. Having the same issues as everyone above. After I remap any of the keys in the Corsair software on Windows 10, it wont capture my inputs every time. The most notable is if I have the Mumble window selected it will not recognized a software created mouse click.

I am also unable to update firmware for my M95 mouse and cannot install the software as it says it cannot detect my mouse. Anyone know if this will be addressed? I wouldn't mind upgrading to a newer model but currently I do not see any Corsair Gaming mice that have as many buttons as the M95. Would love to get a RGB variant to go with my K95 RGB.

Also, I really wish it was integrated into the Corsair Utility Engine instead of having to deal with two separate software suites to control my Corsair devices. Thank you!

Do they work in other applications. E.g. Notepad?

Not properly. At least not in the way they worked in Windows 7.

My macro for my forward mouse button is:

• Press W
  • 0.050 delay
  • Release W
  • 0.050 delay
  • Press W

Effectively this would double tap and hold W until I pressed the key on my keyboard. In Windows 10 this simply presses W twice and releases. Nothing changed for my setup, so I'm unsure why this has happened with some of our mice.

It is possible that they changed how Win10 handles this things.

Current CUE 1.8.122 does not officially support Win10, the build that will officially support it is 1.9.x currently in beta testing (it has some Win10 fixes from what I understand). It should be out soon, try waiting for it and then try again your macros.

My understanding is that CUE does not apply to the M65 or multiple other mice listed above. Am I incorrect?

This issue seems to be with the standard mouse software, in my case "Corsair M65 mouse configuration."

Oh wait nevermind, ignore me. I thought I was replying to a different thread but I replied to this one instead.

M90 is NOT covered by CUE as you say. Most likely the software for it needs to be update to support Win10, I haven't seen any statement about this from Corsair yet though.

I'm having the same issue with the M65. Regular functions like R/L click and Forward/Back work fine, but macros or buttons bound to keystrokes (I bind a mouse button to a keystroke to use in TeamSpeak) do not work whatsoever. I also tried reinstalling both the drivers and the "M65 Mouse Configuration" software but nothing worked. The mouse worked fine before upgrading to Windows 10 yesterday.

Does anyone have a reason why?

I don't know.

• Corsair Employee

Hi all, these are the results we found:

1.) None of the FW update applications will work with Windows 10. This is a known issue and is something we're looking into. At the moment, the only workaround is to update the device on a different system using Windows 7 or 8.

2.) We've received some calls regarding Windows 10 compatability. At this time, we aren't supporting Windows 10 (I'll explain why in a little bit). However, most people have been able to use the software with Windows 10 on a CLEAN INSTALL. Upgrading to 10 from 7 has mixed results but our tech support team has informed me most people who had issues were able to resolve them by doing a straight clean install rather than an upgrade.

Now, the reason why we aren't able to support Windows 10 at this time is that the software and firmware are done by a different team than CUE. We're currently re-assessing to see if something can be managed in the meantime, but I want to be honest with all of you that there is a strong chance that we won't support Windows 10 with any of the legacy products since our focus is strictly on CUE for now and the future.

Now, the reason why we aren't able to support Windows 10 at this time is that the software and firmware are done by a different team than CUE. We're currently re-assessing to see if something can be managed in the meantime, but I want to be honest with all of you that there is a strong chance that we won't support Windows 10 with any of the legacy products since our focus is strictly on CUE for now and the future.

I sincerely hope this isn't the case. I have owned a M90 for almost 2 years now, and it is hands down one of my favorite pieces of hardware I have ever used as a gamer. That being said, the software has always been terrible, but workable. I rely on mouse buttons for gaming functionality, especially for quick reaction skills in MMO's and other games. It would be awesome if the software was upgraded to be compatible with Windows 10.

That sucks to hear. My M95 is relatively new and I have not seen really any support to this mouse at all since day one. This may be the last time I consider buying Corsair peripherals again. Shame too because I like the feel and layout of the buttons.

That sucks to hear. My M95 is relatively new and I have not seen really any support to this mouse at all since day one. This may be the last time I consider buying Corsair peripherals again. Shame too because I like the feel and layout of the buttons.

Likewise. I bought this less than 2 years ago and it may be only partially functional with a free upgrade of the most popular OS there is. As with most people I like to buy a mouse and stick with it for the shape. I like the mouse but I can't abide by a lack of support in the future. :(:

Hi,

Anyone having issues getting Buttons to work in any game for Windows 10?

I upgraded last night, and none of my preconfigured buttons on my mouse that worked in Windows 7, worked in Windows 10 in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Any help would be useful.

I tried ripping the drivers out, and reinstalling them. Reconfiguring my mouse 2 times and uninstalling HID components, but i was unable to use them all night long.

The issue is with the firmware updating tool which i am sure you couldn't get installed on Win10 and if it did install like mine did, it just will not access the mouse in any USB port. Luckily i always backup every thing and i made a backup of my M90 profiles and using the M90 Configuration tool i just imported the profiles i had and then just saved it to the mouse and all my buttons worked.

Come on Corsair....a new working firmware updating tool for the M90 and M95 is needed and would be really great.

This is very sad news. I bought my M95 not that long ago and love it. If Corsair isn't going to support products they are currently selling, I don't think I will be purchasing Corsair products anymore. I guess I shouldn't be surprised judging by how terrible the driver support is for the Vengeance headsets as well and there has been no hurry to improve it.

Archived