Corsair Community

PCIE connectors

Omar_Tagalong

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
For some unknown reason the RM750's have very few PCIe and CPU sockets on them. If your CPU is already taking two then you won't have enough left for two PCIe.

Fortunately, hardly anyone needs two CPU power connectors. And if you do, you shouldn't be using a 750W PSU.

Fortunately, hardly anyone needs two CPU power connectors. And if you do, you shouldn't be using a 750W PSU.

Yes but, for example, all Aorus motherboards come with one and a half or even two. If the manufacturer has fitted two then people are going to be highly reluctant to remove the second.

well, it's useless unless you tickle extreme OC, sooo..

I fitted a connector on mine.. the sleeved extension is dangling on the PSU chamber, it's here purely for aesthetics :p

the RTX needs the power, the CPU doesn't, so at worst, you can do that if it triggers your OCD to have an unpopulated EPS connector on the motherboard.

well, it's useless unless you tickle extreme OC, sooo..

I fitted a connector on mine.. the sleeved extension is dangling on the PSU chamber, it's here purely for aesthetics :p

the RTX needs the power, the CPU doesn't, so at worst, you can do that if it triggers your OCD to have an unpopulated EPS connector on the motherboard.

Triggers mine for sure! Every night I stare at the ceiling thinking that there is a socket on the motherboard that has nothing plugged in to it :/