Corsair Community

compatibility w/SOYO P4I 845PE

thechknhwk

I am having a problem w/my SOYO P4I 845PE v1.0 mother board, it's the 2nd identical board I've tried and I keep getting a "boot block" error on the Award bios. I'm runnign 2 512k RAM chips, but it won't boot w/single chip either. I'm running the following RAM w/a P4 2.8GHZ HT, 800FSB processor w/an ATI Radeon 9000 64m 2x/4x Video card. Speed: DDR33(PC2700) Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM Error Checking: Non-ECC Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered Cas Latency: 2.5 Support Voltage: 2.5V Bandwidth: 2.7GB/s Organization: two 64M x 64 -Bit

I hope I didn't misunderstand the following verbage on the mobo specs.... # Processors Supported: - Intel® Pentium® 4 3.2GHz with Hyper-Threading Support @ 533MHz FSB - Intel® Pentium® 4 3.2GHz with Hyper-Threading Support @ 400MHz FSB - Intel® Celeron® 2.8GHz @ 533MHz FSB - Intel® Celeron® 2.8GHz @ 400MHz FSB # Chipset: - Intel 845PE Northbridge - Intel 82801DB Southbridge # Front Side Bus: - 400 MHZ - 533 MHZ - 800 MHZ (Overclocked) I took that to mean the board would support a P4 w/800mhz FSB after I overclocked the FSB in the bios? Thanks for replying!!

• Corsair Employee
After looking at it again it does state 800FSB CPU's, but this chipset will only officially support 533FSB CPU's and the errors you are getting sounds like a bios issue or stepping issue with the CPU. I would contact the MB maker and ask them specifically about this question and the errors you are getting. " **533MHz and 800MHz front side bus (FSB) processor only" Also it would not hurt if at all possible to test the modules on another MB to be sure!

Although the board is supposed to be jumperless for processor selection there was a jumper hiding beneath the video card that had to be removed. I finally got ahold of Soyo and a recommended I remove it although he stated they had never seen such an issue where it boot blocked the system. He said normally the system will boot, but the jumper has to be removed to recognize the 800mhz FSB. So your RAM was innocent!! Thanks for replying.

Archived