Corsair Community

3.2.87 Fan Profile

Mapantz

I've just updated to 3.2.87 and I cannot turn my fans off or have them low anymore.

I had a custom fan curve for just simple tasks, so the speeds were set to minimum below 40C.

Basically, you can't have them on low speeds if you set your own fan curve.

This might be beta software, but it just get's worse and worse!

2045318020_2018-04-25(1).thumb.png.c9c480481fa1899dfec98cbf33c7b145.png

1964803855_2018-04-25(2).thumb.png.f8b372b9caefe4ec9860d3e3c4dd7168.png

• Corsair Employee
According to the design of Commander Pro, it was not designed to have zero RPM on the fan curve. Furthermore, this is because not all fans are capable of being disabled completely per my knowledge from asking the cooling team. We will change the ability to set this in a future update. The lowest RPM will be at 20%.

According to the design of Commander Pro, it was not designed to have zero RPM on the fan curve. Furthermore, this is because not all fans are capable of being disabled completely per my knowledge from asking the cooling team. We will change the ability to set this in a future update. The lowest RPM will be at 20%.

huh?

Well I had zero RPM before the update... I would set it to that when I went to bed (as my machine stays on 24/7)

Regardless of the zero RPM, I can no longer set my fans to the lowest RPM while they're on. This update has stuffed all of my custom fan curves.

• Corsair Employee
huh?

Well I had zero RPM before the update... I would set it to that when I went to bed (as my machine stays on 24/7)

Regardless of the zero RPM, I can no longer set my fans to the lowest RPM while they're on. This update has stuffed all of my custom fan curves.

The software enabling zero RPM was not intentional. When I asked the product manager for the Commander Pro, he has requested we remove this. Hence, the software will be updated to remove this properly. I want to emphasize this is a PRODUCT design and we as the software team is being told to remove it. The bug I see is that it shows 0 RPM and is not changing the speed to the minimum RPM instead. We will resolve this in a future update.

The software enabling zero RPM was not intentional. When I asked the product manager for the Commander Pro, he has requested we remove this. Hence, the software will be updated to remove this properly. I want to emphasize this is a PRODUCT design and we as the software team is being told to remove it.

Well thanks for telling us. Removing stuff with no mention that it wasn't intentional?

Why is software being released with things that aren't supposed to be in there? This may be a preview, but does anyone have a clue as to what they're are doing? Honestly.. it's an absolute joke! The incompetence levels are off the charts!

I swear I've even seen in videos for icue, mentioning zero RPM for light tasks?! I started using it after I found out it could be done, because there's no need for some fans to be on when nothing is being used.

• Corsair Employee
Well thanks for telling us. Removing stuff with no mention that it wasn't intentional?

Why is software being released with things that aren't supposed to be in there? This may be a preview, but does anyone have a clue as to what they're are doing? Honestly.. it's an absolute joke! The incompetence levels are off the charts!

I swear I've even seen in videos for icue, mentioning zero RPM for light tasks?! I started using it after I found out it could be done, because there's no need for some fans to be on when nothing is being used.

First, software development is robust not absolute. This means things can change per the request of anyone. Sometimes things are done with a misunderstanding or incorrect specifications based on multiple number of reasons. Video games for example have this same problem and that is why patches exist.

Second, this is a beta/early access for a reason. When dealing with a complicated software like iCUE, which controls more than 70+ products, things will be missed. There is no other software like iCUE. I'm sorry if your expectations are unrealistic and you think things can be done perfect from the first go. If you are capable of such a feat, I am always happy to hear feedback on how to improve.

Finally, yes ZERO RPM is a custom cooling mode that is built into our newest coolers like the H115i PRO and the H150i PRO.But even in those coolers, you cannot engage ZERP RPM mode in custom curves.

Finally, yes ZERO RPM is a custom cooling mode that is built into our newest coolers like the H115i PRO and the H150i PRO.But even in those coolers, you cannot engage ZERP RPM mode in custom curves.

I'm not talking about coolers. I'm simply talking about my LL fans.

I see no posts from anyone at Corsair saying that setting the fans to zero is not intentional, and that it will be removed in a future version. It has been 4 weeks since icue became available, and it that time, it has allowed me to set any of my LL fans to zero. And now you suddenly remove that option and only mention it because I presumed it was a bug in the latest version. That is completely unacceptable.

• Corsair Employee
I'm not talking about coolers. I'm simply talking about my LL fans.

I see no posts from anyone at Corsair saying that setting the fans to zero is not intentional, and that it will be removed in a future version. It has been 4 weeks since icue became available, and it that time, it has allowed me to set any of my LL fans to zero. And now you suddenly remove that option and only mention it because I presumed it was a bug in the latest version. That is completely unacceptable.

"First, software development is robust not absolute. This means things can change per the request of anyone. Sometimes things are done with a misunderstanding or incorrect specifications based on multiple number of reasons.

It's called a bug. All software has bugs. It's not incompetence, it's reality. Deal with it. Unless you think you'd write perfect, bug free software?

There is "Zero RPM" mode for the Pro Coolers. That's it.

I updated from the previous beta to v3.2.87 and all my fans were at 0 RPM and were physically not spinning. When I first opened the updated version, the fans didn't show up at all. Then they appeared, but would not respond.

It took me a few minutes to notice. I had to reset all my fan curves to get them to work again.

So it was a ‘mistake’ that the Commander Pro was ever to allow zero RPM? A mistake that made it through ALL versions of Corsair Link and the initial Corsair iCUE software, yet it’s now removed? It worked fine? I won’t be updating to this version. Having the ability to turn off my fans when they’re not needed was one of the main reasons I purchased this cooling setup..

Archived