Corsair Community

Link why wait

mikesimages

I Built a new PC last year in March and used all the components to produce a really efficient machine that was fast and quiet, one of the main items was the Corsair H100i which is brilliant at cooling.

However, the link software is one of the worst pieces of software that I have ever encountered and I have been building computers as a hobby since 1979.

I look at the number of people on this forum asking if they should move to win 8.1 or not, but they accept the Link software, well, I have used every version of Windows and although they leave a lot to desire the latest version is the most stable of them all for me.

I have been running Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom for the last year and a half without any problems using Windows 8.1 64 bit but corsair Link cannot run for more than a day without some sort of hiccup.

I took the advice of someone on the Asus ROG forum this week and did away with the Link software hooked the fans up to the CPU main link and the Opt link, I am now controlling the Corsair system with Asus Ai Suite Fan Expert software, it is quieter, cooler and does not keep me wondering whether it is working or not, unlike the Link software.

My point is, why produce a piece of equipment which is so good and so mind blowingly efficient yet control it with a piece of software which is so bad,farm out the software to a company that knows how to write good software and stick to the hardware, I am a professional photographer, I take photos but I don't make cameras.

Sorry Corsair, I love your cooler but your software has harrassed me for a whole year...............

AI Suite is ok, but if you want the ultimate fan control, find one of these.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13215/bus-259/Aquacomputer_Aquaero_6_XT_USB_Fan_Controller_Touch_Screen_Graphic_LCD_Liquid_System_Controller_w_Remote_53146.html

Get the 6 if using PWM fans, and the 5 if just using 3 pin fans.

Combine that with the Corsair cooler, and you will have very potent combination. The Aquasuite software is just so much more mature than the Link software right now. There is just no comparing the two.

I almost wish I would have bought just the controller before I bought everything else in the custom loop. It would have saved me a lot of money, and I would have been just as happy with the Corsair cooler and this fan controller in my setup.

My point is, why produce a piece of equipment which is so good and so mind blowingly efficient yet control it with a piece of software which is so bad,farm out the software to a company that knows how to write good software and stick to the hardware

Funny thing is, Corsair don't 'make' the coolers. They are manufactured by Coolit systems (http://www.coolitsystems.com/index.php/desktop/desktop-2.html), branded and sold exclusively by Corsair. The software for Link is a modified software package of Coolit's Maestro monitoring software.

So is Corsair waiting on Coolit to update the Maestro software for Win 8.1 so that they can apply those changes to their Link software? Or is Corsair solely responsible for modifying/updating their own version of the software for Win 8.1?

Either way, it still seems an inordinate amount of time passed with still no fully functioning update. Will make me think twice about purchasing Corsair products next time I upgrade.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13696/bus-271/Aquacomputer_Aquaero_5_LT_USB_Fan_Controller_Liquid_System_Controller_53095.html

Go with that, or take the screen off the other units. No bay required, but with Hardware monitor, or Aida 64, the screen can show you everything, and rotate screens. Since buying that, I am looking to get rid of my G19 keyboard, and move to something else because I don't need the screen on it or the software its using either.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13696/bus-271/Aquacomputer_Aquaero_5_LT_USB_Fan_Controller_Liquid_System_Controller_53095.html

Go with that, or take the screen off the other units. No bay required, but with Hardware monitor, or Aida 64, the screen can show you everything, and rotate screens. Since buying that, I am looking to get rid of my G19 keyboard, and move to something else because I don't need the screen on it or the software its using either.

nice but 4 fan ability?,,,what if you have 12 fans like i do?

The Aquaero 5 LT linked above has been upgraded with the introduction of the Aquaero 6 (Pro or XT).

The Aquaero 6 models have 4 PWM Fan Control outputs, with each output capable of handling 30 Watts (2.5 Amps per output).

While they are 525 bay mounted, you can stuff them anywhere in the computer and have full control with the Aquasuite Program.

I have one mounted in a 5.25 bay on an Air 540 and literally never look at the unit, but rather pull up custom screens to monitor what I want.

RodeoGeorge

nice but 4 fan ability?,,,what if you have 12 fans like i do?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14661/ele-987/3-Pin_Power_Distribution_PCB_3xWay_Block_MMT-PCB-3WAY.html

You can use one of these on each channel. The Aquaero 5 is not digital, and will need a cooling block.

The 6 will will not, and you can run something stupid like 80 fans with enough blocks, or 40 fans and 2 D5 pumps.

Hi and thanks for all the suggestions, I am looking at every avenue, no problem with the bay bit as my rig is on the wall between two large pieces of perspex. Re: Wiggle ,,, I didn't realise it was all from other manufacturers, just goes to show, if you want something done well, do it yourself.

Archived