Corsair Community

IS my TUBE in danger?

a0krn

Hey guys. I JUST got my H50 and it has a very hard tubing. Either way I mounted it But it feels like my Tubes are pressured a lot. Will that cause leaks in the long run? I wanna be safe so is there a general way to mount the radiator? My set up right now is the Tubes towards the bottom and looped in a 90 degree rounded bend. Basically Corsair sticker Upside down and pointed a little to the right.

I WIll post pictures if that will help.

But basically Could someone point me in a good direction ^^ THanks

Orientation of the pump on the CPU IHS does not matter. But you see a lot of people mounting it in the orientation shown in your posted image. I would conjecture that these people either want the Corsair emblem right side up or think that it will only work properly in this orientation. Doing so can result in excessive torque on the i3/i5/i7 CPU's (flip chip gate arrays) since the tubes are no longer in a "relaxed" state.

Note that the H50 retaining bracket will not stop excessive torguing from pushing the CPU down on the compression side since the CPU is resting on a gate array which is actually 1156/1366 very tiny cantilever beams.

You are doing the right thing by orienting the pump into a position that would minimize tube torquing.

The H50 is almost a carbon copy of the Asetek 550LC;

http://www.asetek.com/images/stories/Brochures/asetek_550lc_data_sheet_web.pdf

In the above PDF, Asetek recommends a maximum bent radius of 22 mm. Note they show the same corrugated tubing as exists on the H50. If you try to bend the tubing too much, you could kink the tubing at one of the corrugations, and since the H50 tubing is plastic, this could result in a permanent constriction at the kink point.

Once a kink in the tubing has formed it would be very hard to completely remove without some type of tube straightener/stiffener spanning the kinked region.

Archived