Corsair Community

Problem with LL 120 Fans RBG / iCUE

SkylaOfElune

Hello, i haven t had much luck over on the french side of the forum so i m trying to get some help here.

Here is the issue: i finished building my PC a few days ago, the set up includes 6 Corsair LL120 RGB Fans linked to a Corsair CORSAIR RGB Fan LED Hub plugged the Line 1 of a Corsair Commander Pro and a set of 4 CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO plugged to the Line 2 of the commander pro.

Everything was fine when i 1st started the PC but after turning it off and unplugging it to place it on my desk the Fans RBG stopped working.

Here is what i have done so far:

-Checked all sata and USB connections, everything is plugged in.

-Swapped the Fans and RBG Strips lines: Strips in line 1 are ok / Fans in line 2 RGB is off. Strips in line 2 are ok Fans in line 1 RGB off.

- The Commander pro detects the fans and controls their speed correctly.

Any idea on what i could do to try to fix this please ?

Thank you.

Did you configure the Commander Pro to tell iCUE how many fans and strips you have on each rgb header of the Commander Pro? Click on the CP, click on Lighting Setup and use the dropdown options to tell iCUE what fans are on header #1 and how many, and on header #2, you have rgb strips and how many.

If you can see them in iCUE but there is no lighting (fans still spin), you are likely looking at the RGB Lighting Hub for issues. That is the lighting power supply for the fans. It is SATA powered and likely sharing a cable from the PSU with some drives. If the drives are there, then the cable has power. Double check the main connection into the Commander Pro from the RGB Hub. You should have a second wire in the C-Pro kit you can swap in for it to check the wire's integrity.

Yes the settings in iCUE are correctly configured:

#1 => LL Fans => 6 fans (yet no RGB)

#2 => RBG Strips => 4 Strips (RGB ok)

If i physically swap the lines and change the iCUE settings as:

#1 => RBG Strips => 4 Strips (RGB ok)

#2 => LL Fans => 6 fans (no RGB)

It can not be a RGB Lighting Hub issue because i can get the fans RGB to work properly by plugging that exact same RGB Lighting Hub to the Corsair Lightning Node Pro i was using before i made the switch to the Commander Pro.

So the problem has to be either on the Commander Pro side or on iCUE side and since the strips are working properly on lines #1 and #2 but the fans are not i tend to think it s iCUE that s at fault.

Reinstalling iCUE didn t solve the problem either.

How is the fan hub connected to the Commander Pro?

You can also configure the channel as strips and see if the fans light up. Not all of them will and effects will be wonky but since we know that the strips are getting the control signal, that's a good trouble shooting step.

And have you tried re-ordering the fans? The fans run in series so 1 bad fan can take down the whole lot. If that bad fan is in the #1 slot ...

How is the fan hub connected to the Commander Pro?

Sorry forgive the French guy, i m not quite sure what you mean by that.

You can also configure the channel as strips and see if the fans light up. Not all of them will and effects will be wonky but since we know that the strips are getting the control signal, that's a good trouble shooting step.

Nope, no matter what i do i can't get anyhing to light up on the fans.

And have you tried re-ordering the fans? The fans run in series so 1 bad fan can take down the whole lot. If that bad fan is in the #1 slot ...

No i have not but all the fans are working properly when connected to a Lightning Nore Pro, so none of the fans are broken and if i unplug the RGB Lighting Hub from the Node Pro and then Plug it in to the Commander Pro, since it is basicly an advanced version of the Node Pro, everything should work just the same yet it does not.

So ...

Have you swapped the fans back to the Lighting Node Pro? Do they still work?

Now ... what's odd ... the Commander Pro works with the strips. That means that it's providing the control signal for RGB. But when the fan hub is connected as strips, it's not lighting up? Yet we know that it does provide the control signal. And if the fans work on a Lighting Node Pro, then we know that they and the fan hub are good.

None of this makes any sense and, honestly, if the above statements are true, would point more to an installation issue than anything with the CoPro or the fans.

So ...

Have you swapped the fans back to the Lighting Node Pro? Do they still work?

Yes, as a temporary solution i ended up installing the node pro on an other Mother boards USB port and everything works fine. So right now the CoPro is managing the strips and the fan speeds and the node pro the fans RGB.

I could leave it as is but i ll admit that it s bugging me because: 1/ leaving the Node Pro in adds a bunch of extra cables and takes a MB USB port (even if the CoPro adds more) and 2/ it kind of defeats the purpose of having a CoPro installed in the 1st place. i could very well just use the Node Pro for all of it and use a different way to manage fan speeds.

Now ... what's odd ... the Commander Pro works with the strips. That means that it's providing the control signal for RGB. But when the fan hub is connected as strips, it's not lighting up? Yet we know that it does provide the control signal. And if the fans work on a Lighting Node Pro, then we know that they and the fan hub are good.

None of this makes any sense and, honestly, if the above statements are true, would point more to an installation issue than anything with the CoPro or the fans.

Exactly, it makes no sense to me either wich is why i figured it must be a software issue but then reinstalling iCUE didn t fix the problem.

So at this point i don t even know what to do to try to fix this :brick: