Corsair Community

Running way too hot with i5 3570K and H80i at stock temps

Killdozer

As the title said, I've got idle temps around 40C and during prime95 tests I reach 83C at a steady rate before aborting.

I've already tried reapplying thermal paste (Arctic Silver 5) and cleaned out the radiator with compressed air. My current setup is the two stock 120mm fans acting as intake sandwiching the radiator.

Currently my room temperature is around 18C, so these temperatures are unacceptable. I've had this cooler for about half a year now, could it just have worn out? Seems like a short lifespan for a ~90$ system.

Take off the rad and move it around to see if the fluid is still in there.

When you take off the waterblock from the CPU is there an even spread of thermal paste on the CPU?

I'm running into problems with apread on my h110, though my h80i sat pretty perfectly on the chip so I doubt its that.

is bios reading proper rpm,and theres no kinked hose?

The bios rpm matches what corsair link is telling me.

The hose does not seem to be kinked anywhere, and I imagine that it would be fairly difficult to put a kink in it anyways.

the water may be saturated with air bubbles,you can lay your case on its side for a while and see if temps settle down,if this does not help,the unit is likely faulty.

I tried running with the case sideways for a day, it lowered temperatures by about 2 degrees, but other than that had no big impact.

I submitted a ticket to Corsair customer service an am awaiting a reply.

Archived