The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Systems > CORSAIR ONE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-15-2019, 01:11 PM
DistortedAxis's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018288
DistortedAxis Reputation: 10
Arrow Anyway to add Thunderbolt?

Quick Question...

We have 5X brand Corsair One I160's at work thanks to the purchasing department.

Before we send them back, is there any way to add or upgrade to Thunderbolt connectivity? [even with aftermarket components which we are aware would void the warranty]

We need thunderbolt ports -- no way around it unfortunately. Really hate to send these back :(

Old 09-18-2019, 01:06 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018583
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

Hi there,

Unfortunately there isn't an easy way to add thunderbolt to i160 unless you do a motherboard swap. As you stated, this would void the warranty of course.

Depending on what you need to connect to over thunderbolt, it's entirely possible that if it's a display you could use an adapter to get it working over a traditional DisplayPort.

Old 09-25-2019, 11:32 AM

POST ID # = 1019237
xavios Reputation: 10

This is probably more of wish for future customers, but we had to ditch the i180 from our studio staff because of no thunderbolt.
We need to have eGPUs bolted to the workstations for rendering purposes, and quite frankly we were surprised to see that for the price, this is beyond a bottleneck.

Pity indeed, otherwise we would've bought these immediately they started shipping :/

Old 09-25-2019, 02:34 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019256
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavios View Post
This is probably more of wish for future customers, but we had to ditch the i180 from our studio staff because of no thunderbolt.
We need to have eGPUs bolted to the workstations for rendering purposes, and quite frankly we were surprised to see that for the price, this is beyond a bottleneck.

Pity indeed, otherwise we would've bought these immediately they started shipping :/
Sorry it didn't work out! Your feedback is greatly appreciated, we've been looking into adding Thunderbolt in future releases, however we don't have a timeline to share at this point.

Thunderbolt 3 on Windows-based machines has largely been in the realm of notebooks, with some recent developments, I personally hope that changes (especially if we see more desktop motherboards include the feature).

Last edited by Corsair CJ; 09-25-2019 at 02:38 PM.