Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2019, 02:07 PM
Robbidoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017971
Robbidoo Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Lima View Post
The clever ladies and gents at Corsair are always looking for ways to improve the software and it is always evolving so they will undoubtedly be working on ways to improve the performance of the software. Hopefully we can at least get your system running a little better with iCue in the mean time so give me a shout if you decide to upgrade to the latest version.
That's a nice thought but the reality for some of us is that they have released an update to the stable channel (i.e. not Beta), which renders the hardware we have bought useless (I cannot even have iCUE installed without a 70% performance hit in games - no exaggeration), and we have no way to roll back (if I try an earlier version of iCUE, it crashes on start).

I'm sure they will get a fix done eventually but it's frustrating to not have a timeline and to be fobbed off with incorrect information from the support team. Just be transparent about the mistake and tell your paying customers when you expect to resolve it. That's not an unreasonable request.

Last edited by Robbidoo; 09-12-2019 at 02:08 PM. Reason: a typo
Old 09-12-2019, 05:42 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018007
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbidoo View Post
I'm sure they will get a fix done eventually but it's frustrating to not have a timeline and to be fobbed off with incorrect information from the support team. Just be transparent about the mistake and tell your paying customers when you expect to resolve it. That's not an unreasonable request.
I would not characterize their response as misleading or unclear. The response in the main thread discussing this issue acknowledges there is an issue and they are working on getting a fix out as soon as possible. Hopefully you were not expecting to get a video conference invite to their development and programming meetings. The normal release cycle is more or less monthly. It seems clear they are trying to advance this as quickly as possible or at least that is my interpretation of "top priority" and "we will be releasing it a lot sooner than originally planned". I am not sure what you are referring to with the highlighted "support team" comment and if that is Corsair Tech Support or the Corsair Support in the forums. I don't think anyone here is denying there is an issue.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:00 AM

POST ID # = 1018044
A_Fnord Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
I would not characterize their response as misleading or unclear. The response in the main thread discussing this issue acknowledges there is an issue and they are working on getting a fix out as soon as possible. Hopefully you were not expecting to get a video conference invite to their development and programming meetings. The normal release cycle is more or less monthly. It seems clear they are trying to advance this as quickly as possible or at least that is my interpretation of "top priority" and "we will be releasing it a lot sooner than originally planned". I am not sure what you are referring to with the highlighted "support team" comment and if that is Corsair Tech Support or the Corsair Support in the forums. I don't think anyone here is denying there is an issue.
The issues experienced with the latest version of iCUE are not exactly new though. They seem to be more frequent in the latest version, but many of the issues I've seen reported here are old issues. So while no, it might not be misleading, I do think there's a deeper rooted problem here than a bad release, something that they really should have looked into a long time ago.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:08 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018045
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

I am not sure what issues you are referencing. Everyone, including me, that was affected by the system interrupt issue has resolved the issue by going back to 3.18.77. Perhaps it would be advisable to read the other threads, something the original poster did after starting this discussion to clarify the steps needed to resolve this. If you are pressed for time, you need to delete your Corsair settings and profiles that were modified when 3.19 was installed. You can’t use them on 3.18 or any earlier version.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:57 PM
socialwaif's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018115
socialwaif Reputation: 10

I have updated back to the dreaded iCUE v3.19.120
Old 09-14-2019, 04:17 AM

POST ID # = 1018151
A_Fnord Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
I am not sure what issues you are referencing. Everyone, including me, that was affected by the system interrupt issue has resolved the issue by going back to 3.18.77. Perhaps it would be advisable to read the other threads, something the original poster did after starting this discussion to clarify the steps needed to resolve this. If you are pressed for time, you need to delete your Corsair settings and profiles that were modified when 3.19 was installed. You can’t use them on 3.18 or any earlier version.
Well that's one of the issues with 3.19, but the whole "system hog" bit, where Icue just gobbles up system resources is nothing new, and 3.19 seems to be worse yet. But the system hog issue, when icue claims a lot of cpu-power has been around since at least version 3.3. In 3.16 icue would gladly just claim the first CPU core and sit on it, constantly using all its power, while eating 500mb+ of RAM.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:23 AM
Banned

POST ID # = 1018158
cplifj Reputation: 10

how many of you are running intel CPU and have updated the cpu microcodes to the latest version ? This would mean a bios update or doing it manually since not all mobo manufacturers care about it. I'm guessing most have not updated and are still running old and vurnarable microcodes. The same aplies for the Intel management engine firmware.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:13 PM
Trancestor's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018187
Trancestor Reputation: 10

No matter what version they make i will always have in the back of my head the thought that this garbage software is somehow hindering my gaming experience. Just uninstalled and everything is so smooth like it never has been before, probably because i installed this software right as i got my PC together. My H150i fans are dead silent now as well and my temps are somehow the same. Only thing is my RBG is messed up now but i'm willing to live with it tbh. Corsair please delete this failed software and start over.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:55 AM
socialwaif's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018283
socialwaif Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialwaif View Post
I have updated back to the dreaded iCUE v3.19.120
I did not want to post about how it went out of fear of jinxing myself. Gave it a few days first. So far, I have yet to see the micro-stutters or freezes of my mouse than I had before.

The cleaner uninstall and reinstall I did may have done the trick.

It is worth mentioning that I also get a new kit of RAM. My old ones flaked out on me and are being RMAed.

Things I have yet to do:
Overclock my CPU
Overclock my GPU
Enable XMP on the new Corsair RGB RAM