Corsair Community

icue nonsense

Holyrood

Hi

I bought K55 and another M56 RGB PRO. I love the mouse and needed cheap keyboard.

M65 RGB PRO has the same issue the last 2 I had. in that left click occasionally "locks" down press. resulting in over firing of guns, for example, in games.

K55 caps lock, numlock and scroll lock lights stop working once icue is open on startup... firmware is up to date, software is latest. This is an annoyance. the lights function correctly until icue starts up.

Old ICUE wont work with these new devices at all. plug them in and they dont work. plugin old M65, started working... the error related to this is a .dll file that is installed as I have all the MS redistributables installed, for work.

I have cpuidsdk disabled

is it ok to disable these also?

Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter?

Corsair.Service

I have not been able to find out what these are for exactly....

I am assuming icue is for the actual icue software and functioning of drivers?

You guys should really have a good think about making all your products compatible with old icue and releasing that as an advanced option for users...

• 2 weeks later...

installing the latest nvidia drivers crashed ICUE. opened up ICUE only seen glaive and m65 rgb pro as connected devices, ignoring k55 keyboard.

I have disabled everything other than ICUE.exe. the other exes were absolutely pointless display adapter etc...

while this has helped the performance of the K55 and M65 RGB PRO it has not stopped the M65 RGB PRO left click locking in place like it is stuck in toggle mode.

k55 caps lock, num pad and scroll lock lights still stop working. unplugging and plugging the keyboard back in occasionally fixes it if corsair does not say stupid stuff like the k55 firmware is wrong... ??? really... how can ICUE the software responsible for getting the right drivers and firmware get THAT wrong??

rebooting pc always fixes lights issue.... meh to that

there is a slight latency with ICUE cant keep up like old ICUE.

I really miss the old icue never had any performance issues with it or issues with it in general. absolutely LOVED it!

Corsair should have a real good think about making old ICUE compatible with all their new products and releasing it as a advanced version for techies. a real good think!

I am not a fan of the direction corsair is taking their products. well made that they are however 100% let down by the vanity software corsair are intent in trending.

Im out... vanity over logic. no thank you.

im sure you are aware how much of a joke you have become on tech-literate circles online and offline due to your vanity software for your products. I for one no longer recommend you.

Edited by Holyrood

im sure you are aware how much of a joke you have become on tech-literate circles online and offline due to your vanity software for your products. I for one no longer recommend you.

Hopefully other people in your tech literate circles recognize any program using GPU resources (like to make little graphs and animations) is going to crash when you uninstall/install the graphics driver while running the program. Try doing that while rendering something. Also, look up the definition for literate. It is not just the ability to read.

I am not sure why you are focusing on the supplemental processes as a response to your mouse and K55 recognition issue. The keyboard one is easy enough to resolve with the basic steps that apply to any USB device. The mouse is more complicated and may be hardware in nature. I have 5 of these in various versions and they have been in constant use for years. None of them have ever exhibited the stuck left click issue. However, there certainly are people that have. I don't think you are looking for a software issue. Regardless, you appear to have already made up your mind and do not appear to be looking for help. People who only use a keyboard and mouse may not use every feature of iCUE. However, I suspect those same people would balk at having to install separate control programs for peripherals, sound devices, fan control, AIO cooler control, lighting control, and whatever else becomes the next thing. Most manufacturers have moved to a unified control system. You can certainly make arguments against it, but it is hardly realistic to expect them to run both singular and unified software products.

You can try to defend corsair software all you want, all techies know by know how it works thanks to experiencing it first hand.

All your and corsairs yada yada don't make any bug disappear. Instead it's a new problem with every other release.

Must we wait for it to work until our hardware is worn out ?

What kind of economical tacticts are these ?? The tacticts of toddlers that's what.

HOW MANY YEARS HAS BEEN WORKED ON iCUE NOW ??? And it still ain't good enough to use with all it's bugs. But sure corsair, Blame Microsoft.

You can try to defend corsair software all you want, all techies know by know how it works thanks to experiencing it first hand

Who is it you think you’re talking to and what do your personal problems have to do with the post above? If you have some useful information to share about the K55 recognition issue or the M65 left click problem, by all means share. Otherwise the only person throwing out verbal rhetoric is you — nearly 3 years and 100 posts of nothing but complaints. This is the User Forums. We try to help people figure out solutions. You just complain. Not exactly the sign of a “techie” (your word), who would try to help or simply dump and move on. You seem to have trouble with both.

You can try to defend corsair software all you want, all techies know by know how it works thanks to experiencing it first hand.

All your and corsairs yada yada don't make any bug disappear. Instead it's a new problem with every other release.

Must we wait for it to work until our hardware is worn out ?

What kind of economical tacticts are these ?? The tacticts of toddlers that's what.

HOW MANY YEARS HAS BEEN WORKED ON iCUE NOW ??? And it still ain't good enough to use with all it's bugs. But sure corsair, Blame Microsoft.

For the record, I'm a "techie" (I guess) ... I've been in IT doing software dev for 25 years or so. I've experienced it first hand and have a really good idea how it works. I happen to think that iCUE is the best of the RGB software out there.

I also happen to know, personally, several other "techies" that work in the industry that think the same. Plus even more "enthusiasts" (that is, people that work in other industries but are still into building their own PCs and quite technical, for an end user) that think the same.

So ... maybe you should calm down on your rant about "all techies" because obviously it's not accurate. It's one of those scenarios that Sam Clemens (or was it Lincoln?) was referring to when he advised that it is better to keep silent ...

But then - I'm not sure how you define "techie". Perhaps it's a set of one?

Oh, and it's "tactic". Not "tactict". Jeez. Even with spell check ...

Edited by DevBiker

Who is it you think you’re talking to and what do your personal problems have to do with the post above? If you have some useful information to share about the K55 recognition issue or the M65 left click problem, by all means share. Otherwise the only person throwing out verbal rhetoric is you — nearly 3 years and 100 posts of nothing but complaints. This is the User Forums. We try to help people figure out solutions. You just complain. Not exactly the sign of a “techie” (your word), who would try to help or simply dump and move on. You seem to have trouble with both.

Do you have any idea what "patience" means, and how much do you think one must have to endure with a chance of maybe having it work like intended sometime in the possible future ? And fyi, i did my part on these forums to find workarounds for some problems. Do you also know what Fed up means ?

It's corsairs responsability , not ours to work it out for free.

Sure the Tech companies love the technerds , they do alot of damagecontrol for the ones who take the profits.

For the record, I'm a "techie" (I guess) ... I've been in IT doing software dev for 25 years or so. I've experienced it first hand and have a really good idea how it works. I happen to think that iCUE is the best of the RGB software out there.

I also happen to know, personally, several other "techies" that work in the industry that think the same. Plus even more "enthusiasts" (that is, people that work in other industries but are still into building their own PCs and quite technical, for an end user) that think the same.

So ... maybe you should calm down on your rant about "all techies" because obviously it's not accurate. It's one of those scenarios that Sam Clemens (or was it Lincoln?) was referring to when he advised that it is better to keep silent ...

But then - I'm not sure how you define "techie". Perhaps it's a set of one?

Oh, and it's "tactic". Not "tactict". Jeez. Even with spell check ...

Lots of excuses from easy want to be beta customers.

If it don't work, the joke's on you.

Like an expensive car can't be bad either , can it ? That would be too much for some owners to admit.

Lots of excuses from easy want to be beta customers.

If it don't work, the joke's on you.

Like an expensive car can't be bad either , can it ? That would be too much for some owners to admit.

Excuses? Where have I made a single excuse for anything?

And I've been around here for a couple of years helping folks get the system to work. There is a learning curve, to be sure, with all this RGB stuff.

But you aren't interested in getting things to work. You just want to complain, rant, and make broad generalizations that are not substantiated by any facts other than what you think is true in your own little world. You aren't interested, it appears, in learning, understanding the system or troubleshooting your issues.

I do not use ANY of the vanity features in ICUE and have all exes terminated from running except ICUE.

running programs while installing graphics drivers?? are you a noob or what?

ICUE crashed as nvidia was installing new drivers, latest, this has NEVER happened before in old ICUE, never. so please save your indirect nonsense for someone else. No programs were running. I find your attitude quite funny though.. you are not very clever and clearly cannot read between lines.. but hey you said your part

as per usual on this forums the pro vanity software folk direct indirect blame. without providing any solutions. not really that "techy" are you...

save it. ICUE is a joke. 100%. go enjoy your RGB Vanity ;)

oh and hey, keep up the indirect blame game, sure it is going to work out for you guys ;)

One more bug before I go. uplugging and plugging in k55 does indeed occasionally fix the caps, scroll, num lights issue. however more times than not it gives a Firmware error.

Yes the software responsible for grabbing the correct firmware (as all devices are up to date) appears to have gotten it wrong, or not, who knows really as the software is trash. bottom line the lights remain off due to ICUE.

I have troubleshoot these issues to the death.. there are no fixes for them. Spent the time trying to get them to work correctly. and that is the problem users come here as a last resort then get blamed indirectly like it is their fault... keep up the good work though!

bye

...running programs while installing graphics drivers?? are you a noob or what?

ICUE crashed as nvidia was installing new drivers...

You said it. For any other beginners out there, iCUE is an application and it uses graphics resources.

You can feel angry Corsair did not design their programs and hardware around your personal preferences and needs. They probably didn't even ask you. However, you should not be surprised to get friction when you come to their user forums and wrap angry rhetoric all around your issue. If you haven't figured that out at this point in your life, then it is unlikely any of us will be successful in guiding you.

You haven't listed any of your troubleshooting steps, so we don't know what you have or have not tried. You don't seem interested in doing so and this thread is not really about trying to fix the problems, but vent your feelings. As you know, every time someone on the internet makes an angry rant, the response is usually universally supportive.

My last piece of advice is to contact Corsair in regard to the M65 left click issue. I don't think that is something you will be able to solve if a repair installation of iCUE did not work. You can then decide to RMA it if the economics are feasible or make good on your promise to move on.

Edited by c-attack