The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2019, 02:59 PM
IronCrossMac's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005806
IronCrossMac Reputation: 10
Default H115i RGB Platinum Pro Disconnects

I updated my iCue software to the newest version last night. I was playing Assassin's Creed: Odyssey just before making this post and my H115i started disconnecting and reconnecting constantly. It must have done it about 20 times before I turned the game off to make this post. It seems to have stopped for now, though. It has done it before, in the past with older versions of iCue, as well, but it didn't do it repeatedly more than maybe twice.

Is this still a software issue, or could it be a cable issue? It seems fine right now, and is registering in iCue (as H115i Platinum(1)). Could it be from my MM800 mousepad that seems to appear in the logs continuously, but seemingly operates just fine?

I just want to get it figured out because the USB disconnect and reconnect sound was driving me absolutely bonkers while I was playing.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip iCUElogs.zip (37.5 KB, 19 views)

Old 05-27-2019, 05:48 AM
morganthomas757's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005859
morganthomas757 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCrossMac View Post
I updated my iCue software to the newest version last night. I was playing Assassin's Creed: Odyssey just before making this post and my H115i started disconnecting and reconnecting constantly. It must have done it about 20 times before I turned the game off to make this post. It seems to have stopped for now, though. It has done it before, in the past with older versions of iCue, as well, but it didn't do it repeatedly more than maybe twice.

Is this still a software issue, or could it be a cable issue? It seems fine right now, and is registering in iCue (as H115i Platinum(1)). Could it be from my MM800 mousepad that seems to appear in the logs continuously, but seemingly operates just fine?

I just want to get it figured out because the USB disconnect and reconnect sound was driving me absolutely bonkers while I was playing.

Thanks!
Unfortunately this issue seems to be quite widespread, there's a whole other forum thread discussing this issue.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182412

Seems that thousands of other people with this cooler are having the same issue with this cooler including myself! My cooler doesn't work at the moment as it had the disconnect sound during a firmware update for the cooler, which bricked my H100i RGB Platinum. Hopefully this issue is fixed very soon! I feel your pain!

Old 05-27-2019, 05:51 PM
EXILE157's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005926
EXILE157 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganthomas757 View Post
Unfortunately this issue seems to be quite widespread, there's a whole other forum thread discussing this issue.

Seems that thousands of other people with this cooler are having the same issue with this cooler including myself! My cooler doesn't work at the moment as it had the disconnect sound during a firmware update for the cooler, which bricked my H100i RGB Platinum. Hopefully this issue is fixed very soon! I feel your pain!
Really!??.... Here I am looking into this cooler so I can can control everything Corsair in iCUE and now I see this....

Old 05-28-2019, 01:13 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005949
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXILE157 View Post
Really!??.... Here I am looking into this cooler so I can can control everything Corsair in iCUE and now I see this....
It is mostly fixed. A large part of the issue seems to be related to Steam as well.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 05-28-2019, 01:16 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005950

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganthomas757 View Post

Not to minimize the issue but A) it's mostly fixed and B) claiming that it affects "thousands" of users is something of an exaggeration based on the provided information. Hyperbole doesn't do anyone any good.

If you are still experiencing disconnects, please upload logs. Also, verify if Steam is running and if you only get disconnects when Steam is running or if they happen when Steam is not running. And make sure that you are on the latest iCUE version.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 05-28-2019, 02:09 AM
EXILE157's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005952
EXILE157 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Not to minimize the issue but A) it's mostly fixed and B) claiming that it affects "thousands" of users is something of an exaggeration based on the provided information. Hyperbole doesn't do anyone any good.

If you are still experiencing disconnects, please upload logs. Also, verify if Steam is running and if you only get disconnects when Steam is running or if they happen when Steam is not running. And make sure that you are on the latest iCUE version.
Just curious, why would a digital gaming distribution application such as Steam cause issues between the Corsair H115i and iCUE?....

I have the NZXT Kraken, G.Skilllz Trident Z, EVGA PXOC, Razar Synapse and the iCue running along with Origin and Steam with no issues on my Corsair products. But my (iCUE version is 3.14.104) I didn't update and probably won't as I have no issues.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:22 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005984

First, it's something that we've tested and noted as well as gotten feedback here on the forum. Pretty extensively. In fact, some users ONLY had disconnects with Steam running.

Second, apparently Steam takes it upon itself to enumerate and connect to USB devices attached to your system.

Old 05-28-2019, 03:05 PM
D34DMetalPC's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006017
D34DMetalPC Reputation: 10

Quote:

I would hazard a guess that it's likely NOT mostly fixed because you have people coming to this forum (myself included) saying that their AIO's are not showing up in iCue and are experiencing disconnect issues. I wouldn't even be surprised if thousands of customers are experiencing similar issues with their corsair products.

Old 05-28-2019, 05:28 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006027

There's a lot fewer - and many have confirmed that they aren't seeing the issue. If you read Corsair James' post, he doesn't say that it's totally fixed. But significant progress has been made.

If you are still having the issue, logs would be helpful. Also, detail about A) are you running Steam or not? If you are, do you have the issue with steam shut down? B) How is the cooler connected to USB? C) Are you running any other system monitoring tools?

Old 05-29-2019, 05:38 PM
D34DMetalPC's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006200

Quote:
There's a lot fewer - and many have confirmed that they aren't seeing the issue. If you read Corsair James' post, he doesn't say that it's totally fixed. But significant progress has been made.

If you are still having the issue, logs would be helpful. Also, detail about A) are you running Steam or not? If you are, do you have the issue with steam shut down? B) How is the cooler connected to USB? C) Are you running any other system monitoring tools?
Yes I am running steam and I still have the issue when steam is shut down. The H115i platinum I have does not show up in iCue but it does show up in "bluetooth and other devices" in Windows 10 settings. I also have the USB disconnect problem with just the H115i platinum. I have an RMA on the way because it's probably firmware related, but I have attached the debug logs anyway... Also system monitoring tools: I'm not sure does anything in the gigabyte APP center count?
Attached Files
File Type: zip iCue debug logs for missing H115i Platinum.zip (183.7 KB, 9 views)

Old 05-31-2019, 12:10 AM
eckertt001's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006342
eckertt001 Reputation: 10

Mine was also shutting down, and I do not run steam all of the time. Most times I do not run steam. Mine is connected to a Commander Pro, and just running icue.

Old 05-31-2019, 01:13 PM
D34DMetalPC's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006412

My RMA is coming on Monday and I think it's a firmware problem. Should post a PSA to not update firmware for platinum AIOs.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:59 PM
IronCrossMac's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007819
IronCrossMac Reputation: 10

So I've been playing some Starcraft 2, with Steam closed and not running, and the AIO started spazzing out again, repeatedly connecting, disconnecting, and flashing on and off. It went into a constant pattern for a few minutes then stopped and seem to be fine. Then it did it again for several minutes straight, and now it's just not lit anymore and I'm not disconnecting/reconnecting. Why? Why is this an issue? What hoops do I have to jump through to resolve this? I'm tired of hearing the constant noise of it cycling while I'm trying to play my games, and now it's not even lit. I shouldn't have to constantly restart my PC or triage what programs I'm running just to maintain my AIO. Will there ever be a fix for this? Is it my Corsair mousepad causing the issue? Between this, the AX860i debacle, and the 500D Commander Pro issue, I'm really starting to lose faith in Corsair, which is frustrating because nearly my entire system is built with Corsair products.
Attached Files
File Type: zip iCue.zip (49.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: zip iCUElogs.zip (49.1 KB, 11 views)

Old 06-15-2019, 07:27 PM
A Mighty CORSAlR™
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1008115
Glzmo Reputation: 10

Quote:
So I've been playing some Starcraft 2, with Steam closed and not running, and the AIO started spazzing out again, repeatedly connecting, disconnecting, and flashing on and off. It went into a constant pattern for a few minutes then stopped and seem to be fine. Then it did it again for several minutes straight, and now it's just not lit anymore and I'm not disconnecting/reconnecting. Why? Why is this an issue? What hoops do I have to jump through to resolve this? I'm tired of hearing the constant noise of it cycling while I'm trying to play my games, and now it's not even lit. I shouldn't have to constantly restart my PC or triage what programs I'm running just to maintain my AIO. Will there ever be a fix for this? Is it my Corsair mousepad causing the issue? Between this, the AX860i debacle, and the 500D Commander Pro issue, I'm really starting to lose faith in Corsair, which is frustrating because nearly my entire system is built with Corsair products.
The Blizzard App seems to cause the disconnects at times, just like Steam used to.

Old 06-16-2019, 02:56 AM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1008140
Waukeen Reputation: 16

Quote:

Why? Why is this an issue? What hoops do I have to jump through to resolve this? I'm tired of hearing the constant noise of it cycling while I'm trying to play my games, and now it's not even lit.

Will there ever be a fix for this?

Between this, the AX860i debacle, and the 500D Commander Pro issue, I'm really starting to lose faith in Corsair, which is frustrating because nearly my entire system is built with Corsair products.
Well in regards to sounds you could do what I did when I finally had enough of it and turn off the sound(s) :P Then again this is something I tend to do anyway because the default Windows sounds irritate me.

I'm going to stay silent on a fix because nothing good will come otherwise.

And of what CoPro issues do you speak?